Happy Little Pill

~MARSHALL'S POV~

The air around my cave was cold and still, the way I liked it. It was a small shelter from the cold that lay outside of it.

As was Gumball, a shelter from the cold of this world.

His small hand remained in mine and we finished our journey contently, and mostly silence.

Along the journey, we had decided he could stay with me for the night, with Pepper's permission of course.
She had said yes in a heartbeat.

Upon reaching my front door, I unlocked it and opened it, a small creak breaking the silence. I was immedietly greeted with the freezing air of a house too long unheated.

It was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"Christ, Marshall, it's freezing in here."

"We could cuddle for warmth, ya know."

"Yes, or you could turn the heat on." He smirked and walked inside, taking in the small amounts of decorum I had present.

All there really was, were Christmas lights, a few rock and indie posters scattered about, a couple of blacklights, you know, the usual.

I kicked off my shoes at pointed ar Gumball's. "You can take your shoes off, ya know. " he still seemed so... Tense.

Think, Marshall. What can help him?

"Uh, and the bathroom is down the hall to the left, towels are in the bottom shelf, you can take a shower if you want." I shrugged and halfway smiled.

I walked into my basically empty kitchen and looked around, not finding much to eat. "Pizza is cool, I hope."

"Fine by me. I'll take you up on that shower offer."

And with that, I heard him walk down the tiled hall and close the bathroom door.

I picked up my cell and texted Pizza Hut with a pizza emoji, and got the response 'your order is on it's way to the oven!'

You know you have a sad and lonley life when the pizza place knows your order by heart.

I decided to go lie down in bed, seeing as how I had a massive headache anyways. Sureley the pizza wouldn't be here for another hour.

I walked down the hall, but couldn't help but to hear the sounds coming from my bathroom.

Amongst the sounds of running water, I could hear a voice that sounded like, well, an angel.

I couldn't exactly make out the song he was singing along to, but it was enough to send chills down my arms, which says something.

My mouth contoured to a smile before I shook my head, and continued on till I reached my room.

Instinctivley, I took off my dirty, ash covered jeans and quickly climbed in and under my duvet, the warmth envoloping me.

I shut my eyes because headaches suck major ass.

And the darkness consumed me.

~GUMBALL'S POV~

The hot water treated my body nicely. I paid no attention to reading the label other than the word 'shampoo' when I picked up a red bottle from the side and squeezed it, massaging it into my scalp as I began to sing 'Someone Like You.' By Adele.

My mood is hard to explain.

I'm angry. At myself for commiting so many sins in the past week. Drinking, homosexuality, trespassing, and violence.