Chapter 15 ; Baseball

Eventually Ashanti had to leave to go back to her mate in the Amazon, while the Quintino coven stayed with us a while and Winter's family was going to move in with the rest of us because Winter and Jay had been missing their family too much and vise-versa. I started to see all of the relationships in the families. Evan, Jay and Oswald; Fredrick, Ian and Russell; Rachelle, Sarah and Hazel; Rose and Winter; and Ashley and Emma. Though Winter and Russell always communicated in some mind way. Winter would think about what she wanted to say, Russell listened to her thoughts, and then Winter saw what he was going to say. But Russell had to always choose to say it and then change his mind when Winter saw what path he was on, because the minor detail in Winter's ability was that she could only see the person's future from the path that they are on. They would do that or talk so fast it was inaudible to my ears.

After a week the Quintino coven had to go back to their home in in Greenland, which only left us. I haven't thought about the rest of Winter's family that much until Fredrick and Jay were talk about family and hunting; I honestly wasn't paying much attention, and Hazel fluttered to my side, hugging me lightly saying, "Well we have to do something with Kennedy, shes part of the family now." Which startled me and gave me a sudden rush of happiness and relief but a little bit of anxiety. When I was going through my head again about that Hazel had just said I missed nearly the whole conversation.

"Well you have to think about the risk. But we could take her to play baseball..." Fredrick drifted off, looking at the legs of the couch.

"Ha. I'd like to see her lose an arm." Rose said in a sarcastic tone, making Fredrick look over to her.

"Rose." He said calmly, looking back to the legs of the couch.

"She could be the umpire." Winter said, and then I thought I heard a growl from someone but it was so low I couldn't tell who it was from.

I didn't notice Ian standing next to me until he leaned in and said, "I'll give you a hundred bucks if you cheat for me." He said and I chuckled, wondering if he could fool me like that.

"Sure, its not like you can win without cheating." I said replied, knowing that he would make another bet.

"I bet I can win with everybody against me." And he did.

"Oh really? Okay. So if your team wins... I will never underestimate you again."

"And if the other team wins; and they aren't, I'll give you that hundred dollars."

"Okay, I have seen the emergency money you guys stocked around here, I think you can do better then that."

"Two hundred?"

"Hmm..."

"Fine, five hundred."

"That's better." I heard Winter and Rachelle chuckle, and Evan I think.

"Deal?"

"Deal." We shook hands and honestly I think he broke my hand or my whole hand would be black and blue in ten minutes. I acted like it didn't bother me, because knowing Ian already, he would pick on me.

I walked into the garage to see other cars sitting in there with my Mercedes. There was a grey Jeep Cherokee; which I probably drooled over, a black Mercedes Benz C-Class, a pearl Rolls Royce Wraith, and lastly a red Porsche Panamera, all 2015. So much for trying to fit in.

Ian slid into the Jeep; apparently that one was his, and Elizabeth, Jay and Hazel slid in with him. Winter grabbed my arm and pulled me to the shiny red Porsche, opening the passenger door for me. I reluctantly got in, not wanting to touch its beauty. "Russell, Rachelle!" She called, closing my door for me as I got in, and blurring to the drivers side, getting in and turning on the soft purr of the car. Russell and Rachelle got in, and then I saw Hazel get out of the Jeep and then run around to Fredrick, getting in the Rolls Royce. I was surprised that they would drive these into a field, but they could probably give a hundred dollar cleaning and waxing in five minutes.