Chapter 16 ; Nomads

The room was quiet and still, the only noise was the small flutter of words coming silently and fast out of Fredrick and Russell's mouths, it almost looked like they were talking at the same time, their lips barley moving. Alice shifted out of her statue position, still stiff. She sighed and looked over at me, her eyes hard like stone.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, standing up but her eyes still locked on me.

"Sure. Bu don't go over board I'm not that-" and she was off and into the kitchen. "Hungry." I finished my sentence, and then I heard a quick but loud sound of pantries and containers opening. My attention soon focused to Fredrick and Russell's conversation when it stopped by Russell glaring over at Rose.

"We aren't going to send her to them. Even if we do they will come after us and we will all die. Do you not get that?" Russell said angrily at Rose, loosing me when he said 'them'.

"Well if Alice didn't have to go be making frie-" Rose said back, the same amount of aggressiveness in her voice.

"Leave Alice out of this."

"Then stop going through my brain."

"You know I can't help it."

"Obviously you can because you can't read hers." Rose looked over to me, and then back over to him.

"Wait... you can't read my mind?" I asked Russell, somewhat relieved that he couldn't.

He just closed his eyes and sighed, opening them slowly, turning his body to me and looking at me with his black eyes.

"No. I can't." He admitted, annoyed.

"What? Why not?" I asked, my voice still shaky.

"We have gone through every possibility but we haven't found anything that makes perfect sense." Fredrick stepped in, answering Russell's question for him.

Alice was suddenly by my side with nothing in her hands, and I looked at her questioningly.

"You weren't going to eat in anyway." She was probably right. She looked at the rest of the group, mostly at Rose. "Russell is right, they would come after us no matter where we went, considering Angus." She then looked at Russell, who was obviously reading her thoughts.

"You're right Alice. We just have to reason with them." Fredrick said, his face not as hard as the others.

"If we could only know what they are coming after us for... then we could be prepared." Hazel said, the first time in the whole conversation.

"It has to be something big, the who guard is coming, with the all of the thirteen leaders. Even Ellis." Alice said, her eyes coming out of the lock just so they could go back in.

"Ellis? I can't think of anything we did to make Ellis come." Fredrick commented, his eyes on the ground.

"I can try and see what they see what they think we did." Alice replied.

The whole room flooded with silence and silent thoughts, Russell and Alice having a mind conversation, Rose and Rachelle sitting quietly, Evan and Hazel upstairs talking quietly, and Fredrick pacing slowly, thinking.

"Wait, who the hell are we talking about?" I broke the silence, looking at Fredrick and then Jay who was standing in the courner of the room, and then back at Fredrick.

Alice just sighed, leaving the silent conversation with Russell, leaving him a statue. But Fredrick answered.

"The Damiani coven. The biggest and most powerful coven."