Chapter 22

"L/n won't be here due to a family emergency." Ms. Kawakami announces. Everyone shrugs it off as a usual occurrence, however, Ann and Akira shared a worried glance.

"Do you think it involves his change of heart?" Ann texts to the group chat.

"What's going on?" Ryuji replied since he was in a different class.

"Y/n isn't here because of a family emergency. It might have to do with Kamoshida." Akira text back, he couldn't help but look at her seat hoping she would appear.

"You don't think Kamoshida ran away!? I wouldn't be surprised if he did." Ryuji angrily texts trying to hold in his frustration.

Ryuji continues and types, "Isn't he suppose to confess, not runaway. What gives Morgana?"

Akira shows his phone to Morgana so he could reply. Slowly, but surely Morgana was able to type a response with his toe beans.

"Thes is my firat successsful mission. This is all speculation." Morgana types with some mistakes.

"That's a lot of typos." Ann softly giggles in front of Akira making Morgana embarrass.

"You try typig with paws." Morgana furiously pats the phone.

Akira takes back his phone before they drift off from the original topic, "For now we wait. I'll try to contact Y/n to see what's going on."

Soon the chat ended and everyone continued with class. Days passed and it was finally May 1st. The day that the Phantom Thieves were waiting for.

Y/n and Kamoshida arrived from their trip yesterday morning and rested for the rest of the day.

So when Y/n woke up she was greeted by the taste of bitterness that was far too strong. She ran to the bathroom and threw up from the strong taste, alerting Kamoshida.

He comes out already on edge and hears her in the bathroom. He stands by the door and sees a familiar scene, Y/n throwing up in the toilet trying to breathe, her hair falling and mixing with her vomit and tears forming. He has only seen this once and knows the reason.

He can only do one thing, he walks up to her, crouches down to rub her back, and hold her hair back.

"Bitter... something's...going...happen." Y/n breathes out trying to regain her breathe. Kamoshida could only look down in shame and guilt.

"Do you still want to go to school?" He asks worried if her condition would get worse after admitting his crimes. Y/n only nods and he quickly leaves to let her get ready.

"You should take the subway, I'm going to be a little late." Kamoshida mumbles. Before he could leave, he felt a pair of arms grab his shirt.

He turns to his younger sister and starts to remember every memory he had with her both the good and bad. From the time he got in trouble for breaking a vase when in reality Y/n knocked it down, him getting annoyed of her and chasing her, to teaching her how to play volleyball and playing video games when they had school off. And the memory of her making him a medal for his birthday before he left for college. When their parents were still with them and he was someone that he could be proud of.

He gave Y/n one final hug. Y/n didn't know what to say, so she just hugged back hoping for everything to be alright.

Y/n gets ready is by the door looking back and forth at the front door and her brother's room. She swallows her nerves and opens the front door, "I'm leaving, when I get home I'll make dinner."