Chapter 18

The group returned home after defeating the Heavenly Punisher at the Chapel. After that fight they were tired. They went to the safe room to recuperate and discuss the door issue.

"What did we do differently that the door opened?" Mona asked. "We couldn't open it, but Panther managed to. This is also Kamoshida's Palace." Joker listed off. "Is it because I'm a girl and all of you are guys?" Panther asked.

"That is reasonable....Joker check the map." Mona asks. Joker took his map and placed on the table for everyone to see. "What's up with the X's?" Skull question.

"Cub said that she couldn't open those doors. However, we have been to these places. I was also the one who opened all of them." Joker said. Mona scratched his head trying to focus.

"But she's a girl. How can she not open them, but you can?" Mona question. Panther remembered the library where they first met Cub, "Didn't the bookcase close? It should of stayed open since we didn't take out the books." Panther looked back at the group.

"Oh yeah! It was open but it closed when the kid got close." Skull said. "Why did it close?" Panther question.

"Doors that she couldn't open but we could. Bookshelves closing on her. The door that we couldn't open but Panther did..." Mona groaned "What does it mean?"

"I wonder if Cub managed to escape." Joker spoke. "She left before we entered the chapel..." Joker mentioned. Mona's eyes widen in realization.

"I got it!" Mona jumped in victory. Everyone stared at him with their heads tilted, "It Y/n...well Cub. The bookshelf closed on HER, the doors locked only to HER, and the door opening once SHE left!" Mona shouted.

"So Cub is doing it on purpose." Skull said. Mona rolled his eyes, "If she was then why would she keep running away and complain about the doors."

"Think about it. This is how Kamoshida views Y/n. An oblivious, innocent little girl that's unaware of his action." Mona said. Joker caught on, "So Kamoshida doesn't want her to know his desires. That's why she can't freely explore. He's preventing her from finding out." Joker noted.

Mona nodded, "That's why we couldn't enter before she left. It was locked for us because she was with us. The Chapel did have a large statue of Kamoshida in his...attire" Mona shivered.

"He's really trying to keep her in the dark." Skull said and laid his head on the table. "Why is he trying so hard?" Panther angrily asked.

"She needs to know." Panther grips the table in anger as she stares at the group. Mona looked down, "Do you really want your loved ones to see you as a villain?"

The group left after that. Akira and Mona got home late and saw Sojiro reading the newspaper. Akira was going to walk upstairs, but Sojiro stopped him.

"That classmate of yours from a few days ago doesn't seem well. What did you do?" Sojiro gave a stern look at Akira. Akira didn't turn around, "I'll check up on her."

The following day Y/n woke up and dried her eyes. She walked to the bathroom and saw her eyes slightly puffed up. Y/n splashed her face with cold water and got ready for school.

Y/n looked up at the mirror and saw her face. It was not a pretty sight, tangled hair, puffy eyes, some gunk in the corner of her eyes, and her eyes were slightly red.

"I'm fine....I'm fine.... Calm down don't over think..." Y/n slowly inhale and exhale for a minute. She looked up at the mirror brushed her hair, teeth, and washed her face again. She forced a small smile and exited the bathroom.

Once again Kamoshida drove her school where she caught a glimpse of Akira. Y/n turned back to make sure it was him.

"What are you doing?" Y/n snaps her head to Kamoshida and places her chin on her hand, "I thought I saw something. It was nothing." Y/n finished.