Chapter 3

How have you liked the story so far?

After all you have been introduced to our main entertainers for this old story, they are a funny bunch aren't they...but make sure to pay attention. Our entertainers are going to start putting on a show for us soon, stay tuned.

Dream's POV

Lunch ended with Karl saying his goodbyes to everyone, I just gave them waves goodbye. As I observed them throughout lunch I learned a few things, mainly through conversation but there were a few non-verbal cues that happened during lunch. I understood that George and Sapnap did not like Techno, from the small snide remarks to the death stares across the table whenever he spoke, which was very rare.

I understand that Punz and Foolish were like protectors, Punz protected George and Sapnap while Foolish was protecting Fundy. As for the conversation observations, Fundy thinks he is more important than anyone, Wilbur has many quick thoughts and historical lessons he liked to implement into the conversations. Sapnap seemed to only add to the conversation when it could get the most backlash from those around him. George wasn't much better, he either added little to nothing to the conversation or could change the whole topic. Techno was the most peculiar out of the group, he chose his words carefully, as if he was staying on guard from everyone. Niki was the quietest next to Techno, many of the participants in the conversation would just talk over her or ignore the small notes she had for the conversation.

I had to make a mental note to write these things within my notebook, small observations can come in handy within the near future.

Once they all left Karl and I went to our next class which happened to be with Schlatt, he was happy to see us back so soon but kept it professional around the other students. The class was at 1:30 and my next one was at 4 so I went to the library, and Karl accompanied me.

"Make sure to play nice Dream," I knew the reason behind his words. I gave him a nod, but his next words pushed me out of my silence. "I mean nice Dream, we're going to play the game this time. I don't think we can divulge as much information without playing." I felt the annoyance bubble into my veins at his meaning of 'nice' and the understanding that we would be playing the worst game.

"Don't worry, I can handle it. I'm not you Karl, I won't suck up like that but I will be their nice friend." I watched his mouth turn into a smirk, he nodded and looked at the clock on his phone, it seemed it was time for him to go. His quick goodbye was reciprocated on my end. As he left the words rang into my head.

Nice friend

Those words filled me with so much annoyance and dread. I hated having to give into their little game of fake friendship and formalities. But I loved the feeling of watching them slowly trust you, feed you information, send you their deepest secrets. All while you begin to slowly extort the information against them.

These thoughts filled my head, I smirked at the thought of the trust breaking when this was all over. I looked around the library, my usual seat on the second floor of the library, it wasn't a secluded spot in the corner of the library but no one ever came to this table, it was in the historical war section, mentally that made me think of both Techno and Wilbur. I would have to observe them later to see if they are interested in these types of books. After spending some time in the library I had to go to class.

Karl informed me I apparently had class with George and Techno. With my luck I was one of the last students in the classroom and the only open seats were in the front or next to Techno, I chose Techno over the front; The day I sit (willingly) in the front is the day I marry a female; when I moved towards the seat next to Techno he gave me a small smirk.