Chapter 25

Y/N's P.O.V

I stood in front of the café. I peeked in to see that Chaeyoung has already arrived. She seems to be talking to the lady by the counter.

I wonder what are they talking about. I turned the door knob and entered the café. I already felt two pairs of eyes staring at me.

I looked forward and saw both Chaeyoung's and the lady's eyes. I diverted my eyes due to embarrassment. But that was soon over when I decided to greet her first.

"Hey, Chaeyoung."

"Hey, Y/N/N."

My eyes widened as I have not heard that nickname in so long. I'm pretty sure I've only started hearing it again ever since I met her. Could it be?

"Y/N/N? Why? How did you-"

"Oh, mianhae Y/N unnie. It just slipped out of my mouth. I won't call you with that nickname if you don't like it."

I just shook my head as I disagree with her. It could be just a coincidence that my name could be called that way.

"Anyways, shall we?"

I invited her to sit on a different table than the one she was at. The same lady went to our table and greet us.

"Good afternoon, Ladies. It is nice to meet you, miss..."

"Y/N."

"Ah, Y/N-ssi. I am Rena, the owner of this Café. I was just talking to Chaeyoung before you came. We were just chatting, so don't you worry."

I saw her winked at me and I just blushed. How did she notice that I was slightly jealous? She must be pretty observant.

Anyways, she took her leave and went back to her counter. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung and I decided what to drink and eat. I figured that I would go to the counter and order.

So, I walked over and ordered with Rena-nim. After she tooked my order, I smiled at her before asking my question.

"So, what did you talk to her about?"

Rena-nim was taken aback by my question but still maintained her posture. She then chuckled before replying me.

"Well, if you are that curious, you can ask her yourself. Whatever you say to me, rant to me, it will only be between the two of us, and this four walls of course."

That was not what I expected but I thought about it and went back to my seat. This is the same café that Sinb-unnie and Yerin-unnie recommended. I can see why.

"Welcome back, Y/N-unnie! What took you so long?"

Chaeyoung looked at me as she asked. I can't possibly tell her that I asked Rena-nim about what they talked about. I don't want her to think that I'm nosy or even jealous.

"Nothing. Just what's inside the dish we are buying."

I lied as I looked down to the table. I can't risk our friendship. Besides, she likes someone else. So, I shouldn't be so fixated on her. But I'm so curious who is it.

"Liar."

I heard a mumble and looked up. Did Chaeyoung said that? My gaze shifted to the left and away from Chaeyoung.

"Wh-what did you talk to Rena-nim be-before I came?"

I put my hands together and played around with it, trying to distract myself, bracing the impact.

"Oh... It's nothing..."

I heard Chaeyoung's reply fading off. I guess I should not pry into her privacy. The way Rena-nim phrased herself just now shows that it might be Chaeyoung's problem.

I sighed and tried to change the topic. We talked about our expectations for the camp we are going to have. But I am still in the midst of planning it.

To think that Jennie's father would let us use one of their resorts, she must be really loved. So many things happened in a short span of time.

Jennie and Jisoo fighting, but recently, I don't think that's the case. So, what's the purpose of the camp? Wasn't it to break the ice between all of us?

Will I have some alone time with you, Chaeyoung-ah?

"Oh right, Y/N unnie, how's the lyrics going?"

My thoughts got interrupted when Chaeyoung asked me. Oh right, I'm supposed to be writing the song.

I haven't touched it since last night. Not after what happened. I'm still thinking about it. I'm always afraid to make any love advancements.

Besides, Chaeyoung has someone else, right?

Maybe, I will just treat this song as if it's my last. 

Author's Note: Oh, I forgot to mention that yes, Rena is me in this story. Hehe. I did say I will appear. It is my world so I'll do what I want ;)

Anyways, thank you for reading and making it this far!! I will hopefully continue this pace and not abandon it again. It's been 5 years. :P