Chapter 4

Y/N's P.O.V

It's finally Saturday. After the long week, I hope to get some rest. But then, I am only halfway done with BlackPink's new song. With the help of the anonymous' whistle, I can finally continue creating the melody.

As soon as I sat on my study chair, my phone started ringing.

I looked over and saw the caller's ID.

It was Jisoo calling and I answered the call.

"Hey Y/N! Let's hang out! Meet me at the Han River at 3 o'clock! Okay bye!"

I didn't even have a chance to say a single word and she hanged up the phone. I just sighed and got off the seat.

I went to change my clothes for a simple white t-shirt and jeans. I also grabbed my jacket as I predict that its gonna rain and I certainly don't want to suffer from coldness.

Once I am done packing, I checked my phone one more time to see if Jisoo sent any messages.

'Let's meet at our coffee shop instead :P'

I just laughed at how she phrased her sentence. Well, Of course, we don't own the shop, it was the shop that we often go to meet up and it was also where we first met.

I double-checked the things I needed and started heading out.

————————————————————————

At the coffee shop...

I looked at my watch. It's 2.45 pm. I guess I am too early. I just sat down at a table for four. Well since I am early, I guess I have at least 15 minutes before they start coming in. I took out the notebook and my phone since it has some applications that can help me.

I put on my earpiece to listen to the previous recordings I have made as a reference to how I want the song to be. Since I was so distracted, I didn't realize my surroundings.

The next thing I knew was that Chaeyoung was sitting directly opposite of me. When I took my earpiece off and looked at her, she just looked away and she started using her phone.

"Did you say something just now?"

"Nope, nothing, nevermind."

"Okay..."

"Why are you here though?"

She just looked at me. Soon, Jisoo walked in and greeted us. Then she sat next to me.

"Hey Y/N! I didn't expect that you would come! I have invited our dear Chaeng, Lisa and Jennie in case you didn't come!"

"Wow... you could have told me earlier."

"Is there something wrong?"

I just glanced at Chaeyoung and we made eye contact. Then I looked back at Jisoo.

"Oh, nothing. Where are the rest?"

I just smiled at Jisoo, just so that she won't find anything suspicious happening.

"They're late, I guess."

"By the way, what's the purpose of this gathering?"

"Can't we just hang out and have fun together? Were you that busy?"

"No... I was motivated to complete your song until you called."

Jisoo gave me a shocked expression and even covered her mouth. She exaggerates too much sometimes. Then she laughed.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung stands up. She bowed and apologize before leaving her seat.

"Wait! Why are you apologizing?"

I asked her and she just continued walking away. That's weird. I looked at Jisoo and she just moved her shoulders, gesturing that she doesn't know either.

"Yo Jisoo, Y/N. Uhh, why did Chaeng left?"

I couldn't answer her, I saw Lisa with Chaeyoung.

That was just really really weird.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Chaeyoung's P.O.V

Jisoo unnie and her demanding acts. Here I am getting ready to go out and meet her, on a freaking Saturday. I mean I could spend my time wisely but I decided to spend it with my unnie then.

My phone vibrated, signaling that there's a message. Oh, its from unnie.

'Meet me at the XXX coffee shop! See ya'

As I made my way there, I suddenly thought of what happened on that day. When I finally get to talk to her again... after 5 years... I wonder if she still remembers me.

When I opened the door, I saw Y/N unnie just sitting there, occupied with something. I guess it's about time to be brave and show her that I have matured.

I stood in front of her and suddenly my nervousness kicked in. I don't know what to say. Should I just say Hi? Or compliment her? Will she think that I am weird? That I am creepy?

I finally opened my mouth and tried to say something.

"Umm, hey beautiful!"

That did not come out the way I wanted to. I covered my face to hide my embarrassment. But she isn't responding to me. So I waved at her. She still didn't respond to me.

Well, that's rude. I just pulled the chair and sat down, since she is too busy with her phone that she can't even be bothered with my presence.

She finally noticed me and I just looked away.

"Did you say something just now?"

"Nope, nothing, nevermind."

"Okay..."

"Why are you here though?"

I could say the same. But since you are here, I thought I could finally strike a conversation with you. But too bad, you were too busy with your phone.

Then I heard Jisoo unnie from the back. Finally.

I just blocked off my ears from their conversation as I was not in the right mood to even speak.

Up to the point where I heard Jisoo's sudden raise of voice.

"Can't we just hang out and have fun together? Were you that busy?"

"No... I was motivated to complete your song until you called."

Huh? I looked at Y/N. So... she was working on our song? Even just now? With her phone? Oh my god. She wasn't rude. I was. No way.

I stood up and apologized right away. I can't believe I misunderstood the situation that easily. Feeling embarrassed, I decided to go off, leaving Y/N unnie and Jisoo unnie speechless.

A/N: I am really really sorry for the late update!! Writer's block as usual. I finally found a way to phrase the story properly and not to feel weird out with the phrasing. I am not used to writing the reader's point of view so I tried to improvise. I promise I will try to update more often. Thank you for waiting!! And thank you for reading!!

First Published: 16 December 2017

Updated: 2 January 2021