Chapter 9

Y/N's P.O.V

"Hey hey, Y/N/N! You said you wanted to show me something?"

"Ah yes, Rosie! Do you have your guitar?"

"Yes I do, be right back!"

She left and came back with a guitar. I positioned myself and placed my left hand on the strings. I started strumming a guitar pattern.

"Remember the song you wrote? I found a suitable melody for it!"

"Oh really? Show me, show me!"

"Hahaha, relax!"

I tried to remember the song pattern, then I started playing the song. I started singing the lyrics Rosie created.

'I am singing. But why can't I hear myself? Why can't I remember the song?'

Then I stopped strumming.

"I'm not sure about this part, but it goes a little something like this."

I continued strumming and hummed the song.

Once I was done, Rosie clapped for me.

"Wow Y/N/N! That was amazing!"

"It's not perfect yet but it's just a gift before I leave."

I saw her face changed, from a smile to a frown.

I wanted to say something to cheer her up but suddenly-

"YAH Y/N!! WAKE UP! YOU GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"

I was startled and got up immediately. I nearly fell off the bed. My mum was at the door, shouting at me. I quickly shoo her off and get ready for school.

That was just a dream? Then why do I feel a connection...

Who is she? Who is Rosie? Rosie... Where are you now?

//

I walked to school, like the usual routine. Went to the locker, changed textbooks, head to the classroom and sit down, waiting for either Jisoo or the teacher to come first. I was lucky that I could catch up with the time and not be late.

This time its the teacher who came first, which means that Jisoo is either late by a second or by 5 minutes.

And exactly what I expected, one second later, Jisoo arrived at the door. She quickly made her way in and sat next to me. She was panting.

I leaned sideways and asked whether she was feeling alright. All she did was nod.

At least she is here, 'on time'.

After homeroom...

"What happened this time?"

I faced Jisoo, and just leaned my head against my arm on the table, while waiting for her explanation.

"Nothing much, just had a good dream."

"Wow, don't forget your responsibilities."

"Hahaha, I won't."

"Did you do your English homework?"

"Uhhhhhh.............. nope."

I just smirked at her, as I just proved to her that she have forgotten her basic responsibilities such as homework. I took out mine and handed it to her.

"I knew you would lend me yours, love you!"

She was about to kiss me on the cheek, but I immediately push her away. I just laughed when she pouted.

//

After school...

I sneaked out of the classroom to head towards the music room. I have a plan, but I can't do it when I'm at home.

I told Jisoo to head home first since I wanted to do something else. When I reached the music room, it was empty. I looked at the schedule by the door, no one booked it so technically I can use it.

When I entered the room, I quickly searched for the item I needed. There it is. I walked over and unzip the bag. I took the instrument out of its bag and I sat on a chair.

I positioned the instrument and tried to tune it. It seems untouched for quite a while. I placed my left hand on the strings.

I can't seem to remember anything. Why?

I mindlessly strummed the strings.

"Hi Y/N. What are you doing here? Working on the song?"

I got shocked by the voice and nearly dropped the guitar.

"Oh, Chaeyoung. Um.. yeah I guess I am."

She gave me a confused look and she walked closer to me.

"Are you free now? We can continue the song. I wrote a few more lyrics to at least complete till the chorus. Do you mind checking it out?"

I mean I don't mind. Its just that I have yet to start on composing the song itself.

"Yeah sure, I don't mind."

As I am reading it, these lyrics sounds so real. Like she knows what she is writing. I mean heck, it's her work, of course, she knows what she is writing. Why does it seem like she experienced this before?

"Say, Chaeyoung. How do you usually write your songs? Is it from experience?"

"Haha... why did you ask, Y/N?"

"Oh nevermind. Its okay if you don't want to tell me."

Why do I suddenly feel hurt? She experienced this. So basically, she fell in love before or even in love now. I frowned at the thought of it.

"Anyways, I should get going. Mid-year exams are coming. Umm, so... bye?"

Should I take this chance to get to know her better? Or should I just let her go? Why does she have an impact on me?

Is this what you call love? If this is love, then the dream is-

"Ouch!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Chaeyoung on the floor. I quickly ran towards her and helped her up.

"Are you okay? How did you manage to fall in such a wide space?"

"I don't know..."

So clumsy...

"Here, let me help you get up."

I supported her by putting her arm over my shoulder. Thank god she only fell and not sprain her ankle or anything.

"Hey Chaeyoung, do you want to study together? Like at the cafè or something?"

"Umm... sure."

I know this isn't right. She may be taken or traumatized. Well it's not like we can be together or anything. Society doesn't accept this kind of relationship.

So is that why my love for you, Chaeyoung-ah, is like playing with fire?

A/N: Hey guys! As promised, I have posted this chapter to compensate last's week chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it! It may be confusing but hopefully it gets better! Look forward to this Friday's update ya :)

First Published: 23 January 2018

Update: 2 January 2021