Chapter 20

Y/N P.O.V

"I have a proposal."

A proposal? What proposal? Oh my god, relax, Y/N.

Curious about what it is, I slowly moved away from her to face her directly.

"What is it?"

She looked at me and held my hand. I blushed at her gesture, but I made eye contact with her as I waited for her answer. She took a side glance once before speaking.

"Why don't we trade roles?"

I felt confused at her certain request. What type of roles is she implying?

"Wh-what do you mean, Chaeyoung?"

Ah, I stuttered. Why am I even nervous about?

"Like you write the lyrics instead and I will make the song, with your help of course."

I was taken aback as I was not expecting that. In fact... I was expecting more.

Ugh, what is this feeling? Why does she make me feel this way? As I felt like she could hear my loud heartbeat, I immediately let go of her hands and replied.

"Oh... hmm what theme should I follow? There isn't a theme set for the final round so it's open."

I saw her giving a weird look when I let go of her. Her eyes widened but she closed them afterwards. She began to think about what I should write.

Suddenly, she gave a bright expression as if a light bulb appeared next to her. She found one.

"How about writing on how you're feeling now?"

"O-oh, what an interesting theme! Sure, I'll do my best... I will work on it soon so that you can start processing the song before the camp."

She nodded before going back to her seat. She gave me one final look before resuming what she was working on.

I smiled before looking at my papers. Being alone with her makes me more anxious than before. Is this what you call true love? Or am I just afraid of something?

Even if our country is starting to accept people like us, I still feel afraid.*

But little did I know that I had misheard her. So I decided to write a song to express my feelings towards her instead.

I unknowingly started to create some lyrics in my head.

Who are you to make me keep thinking about you? My pride is bruised, I'm burning up

I quickly scribbled it down on a piece of blank paper. I felt a gaze on me as I wrote the lyrics down. I looked up to see Chaeyoung trying to peek into my lyrics. My immediate instinct was to move the paper out of her sight.

"Let it be a surprise."

I tried to make an excuse to cover up my embarrassing lyrics. I am not good at creating lyrics, let me be okay. I brought a finger to my lip, gesturing a hush. I winked at her before continuing to scribble down.

I looked down to hide my blushing face. I can't believe I just casually winked at her. But then again, why am I even behaving this way? I never felt something like this before.

But there is one thing that I am curious about. It's something about the previous song lyrics.

"Do you like someone, Chaeyoung?"

Where did I find my guts to ask that? I swear there is something wrong with me today. She flinched at my words and remained still. She slowly looks up to me as if I was joking.

"Ani (No)... I don't."

I heard her but she faced away as she said it. What a liar.

"Nope, you can't lie to me. I can read you like a book."

She hesitated on answering me. She then looked at me, smiling.

"I do have one. But I won't tell you."

She said casually, sticking out her tongue. She giggled afterwards.

But for me, it felt like my heart fell from its place. Chaeyoung, the most beautiful and cute girl right in front of me, likes someone else.

I laughed along so that she won't suspect something is wrong. And I tried not to think about it, so I leaned backwards, folding my arms.

"Hmm, is that why you wrote such lyrics for the previous song?"

"Is there something wrong with it?"

She didn't answer my question, instead, she questioned me. I feel as if a wave of jealousy and anger grew over me. I better stop before I cross the line.

I decided that it is time to go home. I packed my stuff and left the place, bidding goodbye to her before walking out the door. As I walked out, I felt bad for leaving her like that. But it's for my good, for me not to burst out in front of her.

I thought I could take a detour before heading home. So I went to the park near my house.

I found an empty bench and sat there, placing my bag beside me. I looked up to see the beautiful night sky.

The stars were shining, the wind is blowing, making the leaves of the trees rustle and the area is so quiet. It feels like a ghost town.

I tried to relax, after hearing that Chaeyoung has someone in mind. I thought I should also figure out why I feel this way.

I mean, who am I kidding? I doubt she feels the same way towards me. She seems chill and just friendly.

I took deep breathes and closed my eyes. I could hear my heartbeat. A nice rhythm.

Suddenly, I heard a voice calling out my name.

"Ah, Y/N!!"

I brought my head back down and tried to see who it was. She was waving. Oh my, I didn't expect her to be here.

My ex-girlfriend.

A/N:

Hey guys!! Thank you for reading and waiting!! I hope to give you guys weekly updates, to cover up my long disappearance every year. I started in 2017, and it's already 2019. I should get it going.

At the time I first started this, I know nuts about K-pop and its home country. But now that I have experienced stanning different groups and seeing how everything goes, I'm glad to say that this story shall take place in Korea but not in the current time xD

*So imagine that Korea is accepting the LGBTQ+ more often than now.

And also, I realised my English is so bad last time that I cringe every time I re-read my story. I mean my English might still be horrible now but I hope it isn't as bad as last time :O But hey, everyone is learning every day, it's okay to make mistakes.

Another thing, who would you like your ex-girlfriend to be? I can get a guest appearance from either TWICE or GFRIEND. Comment and let me know ;) I'll pick the one that fits well with my plot.