Chapter 4: Talking

"And then Zander just ignored Luke just like that!" Jake whined. Meanwhile, his majenta haired friend leaned his head against the chair-not listening to what the peach boy had been ramboling all about. He just couldn't stop thinking about the night he had with Zander at the mall.

The fan from the restaurant made the smaller boy cling to himself a bit more. He shivered-trying to ignore the feeling.

"Jake," Drew mumbled, finally lifting his head off the table. Jake turned to the majenta haired boy. "When do you think Zander would be free?"

The blonde boy eye's widened. After a few minutes of looking into his friend's eyes, he shook his head, and smirked at Drew. "Wait, what is this about?"

"I- I just wanna know!" Drew's cheeks were beginning to turn red from bring incredibly flustered.

"It's okay, Drew. I'm just saying." Jake laughed. "I guess Zander's free tomorrow, but you probably gotta ask him."

Drew nodded and continued to put his head on the table. He slowly looked up to Jake. "And, what's this about Luke?"

The taller boy scoffed. "I told you already; Luke isn't spending time with Zander, and this week is their anniversary. I tried to tell Zander to talk it off with Luke, but he didn't it's.." Jake groaned, leaning his back on the high chair. "Too complicated.."

The majenta haired boy rested his hand on his cheek and nodded. He looked down, thinking to himself. Somehow, Drew couldn't get the certain purple-ombre haired boy off his mind. Ever since the shopping mall; things Drew has been feeling..contented.

"Hey, Drew. Are you okay? You've been zoning out ever since we got here- what's wrong?" Jake tiltied his head. Drew looked at Jake with a wide eye. Without thinking, he tried to come up with a good excuse.

"U-uh.. nothing! Just..math homework..."

"Math homework?! Why didn't you tell me! We need to go work on it right away-- Elliot actually helped me with the work."

"No, I'll do it myself," Drew forced a smile, putting his arms up like he was surrendering.

Jake raised a brow and sighed. He rested his hand on his chin, zoning out another time.

********

Zander walked briskly to his home. Unlike before, he walked alone-- he would walk with Luke because he was too busy helping out Hailey with "music in the band room." Zander tried to talk himself out of it, but he couldn't shake it off and just talk to Luke it was just not easy.

Zander watched the leaves fall and felt the breeze pushing his purple-ombre mane. He closed his eyes, and sighed.

Once Zander stepped a foot across the street, he turned to his right; spotting a familar face. A ebony-haired boy sitting on the benches, wearing his usual purple, jump jacket, and his black headphones wrapped around his head. His eyes were shut, and his was head moving up and down.

Zander took a step back and his eyes slowly widened. He sprinted to the bench where the tall boy was. The ebony haired boy finally opened his eyes and his smile brightened. "Zander?!" He wrapped his arms around the ombre haired boy. Once he let go, he put his hands onto his old friend's shoulder. "How are you, man?"

Zander chuckled lightly, "I've been better." He looked up to his friend who is still a feet taller than him. "How are you?"

"I'm great." The tall boy sat down. He patted on the bench, "Come sit with me; we have a lot of catching up to do."

********

Luke sweeped the corners of the music room. Meanwhile, Hailey sweeped the other corner. She couldn't help but noticed her friend's nervous diminior. She tried to shake it off, but the sighs of the auburn haired boy made her worried. The female singer stopped what she was doing and walked towards him.

"Luke, are you okay?"

Luke turn towards his female friend and he tried his best to curve his mouth. "Yes, I'm good! Why's that?"

"Why do people keep making these fake excuses?" Hailey mumbled to herself. Luke raised a brow as he couldn't hear what the female singer was talking about. "Luke, what's wrong?"

Finally giving in, Luke groaned and faced the ground. He placed his broom on the side of the music room. "Even though we are doing this for a good reason, why do I feel like something bad's gonna happen?"

"Are you talking about Zander?" Hailey pointed.

"Yes, and I know how he gets jealous easily. What if he thinks we're--" Luke paused and did round signals with his hands. It took seconds before Hailey could understand what he meant.

"What?!" She gasped and put her arms together. "I hope he doesn't really think that... I would never let you cheat on Zander with me."

"I know..." Luke picked up his broom again and quietly sweeped at the middle of the room. "Let's just hope this secret goes as planned."

Hailey nodded in agreement.

I am very, very very sorry for not publishing this story sooner

Reasons being there was a wedding, school just started (and I choose a hard class but I switched it so I'm good now-) and there's a choose your adventure story I'm trying to do, and writers block 0w0👍

At least I know what to do next chapter. This story may be on hiatus because of school. I'm nervous for certain things ;w;

But thank you all for reading this! Sorry that this part was sorta boring, but I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Bye!