Chapter 7: Trusting

"O-oh! Zander!"

"Luke, I need to talk to you in private. Is that okay?" The purple haired boy tightened his grip onto his boyfriend's hands, not realizing their faces were closer to each other.

Luke slowly let go. He turned his pupil towards Milly who was happily playing with little Bethany, then he turned to Hailey who was talking to her stepmother. Not having a choice, he tried to smile and slowly nodded.

The couple walked into the music room privately with the drummer trembling to tell the pianist the truth...

********

"Wow, you're still such good cook, Mr. Austin!" Jake grinned and took a bite out of a crispy chicken. The female singer rolled her eye.

Michael, Hailey's dad, laughed. "I'm glad you think so."

"Yeah, he only knows how to cook because I thought him." Shannon intruded. The aqua haired man's face reddened and he looked down, exposed. The purple haired woman continued, slightly giggling. "You should've seen his cooking back in the day! It tasted like everything was completely burned."

"Honey!" Michael whined.

The people in the room laughed and continued to chit chat.

Sean scotted closer to Jake who was eating a load full of crispy chicken. The taller boy elbowed him softly which caused the singer to turn to him. Sean smiled. "What's up?"

"The ceiling?" Jake laughed. "I'm just kidding. I'm doing great, Sean. What about you?"

"Great!" The DJ smiled, but all of a sudden his expression changed to... confusion?

"Uh... you okay, Sean? The food isn't burnt, right?" Jake whispered the last part so that Michael couldn't hear.

Sean chuckled. "No, it's not that. How much did I miss the last time I was here?"

"Not much." Jake shrugged his shoulders. He took a bite of his chicken, then swallowed. "Only Milly is kind of lonely without you. Daisy is--" Jake didn't continue the sentence. His eyes slowly darted towards his old crush, and when she looked at him, he looked away. "And, we are trying to fix wire problems."

"I see." Sean said. "So, the club is still getting used to your friends?"

"Oh no! They are still fighting sometimes, but it's fragile. Not too serious like last time." Jake sighed, heavily. "Why?"

"No reason."

****

Zander closed the door behind him. The couple were now inside the music room- it was quiet and all they could hear were the muffled noises coming from the living room full of people.

Not liking the awkwardness, Luke tried to break it. "It feels like forever since we've done this."

"Yeah..." Zander responded, mumbling.

Luke breathed. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Don't mess up, Zander. Don't even try to scream at your boyfriend... questions and thoughts started repeating over into Zander's mind. It's like before, he knew what he was going to say-but in the minute the question is being asked, he doesn't know how to respond to it. Zander put his hand on his forehead, then messing with his curly purple hair. "This...sounds stupid now."

"Hey, you called me here for a reason. What's wrong?"

The pianist took a deep breath. "What have you been doing in these couple of weeks?"