Chapter 6: Waiting

"Just talk to Luke... you can do it!"

"You'll never know until you try!"

Sean's encouraging words spoke through Zander's mind like a hurricane. It made him want to finally speak to his boyfriend and end these all these negative thoughts about the anniversary once and for all.

Today was the day Sean was gonna visit the whole club at the Austin-Wickham's house. Milly, Hailey, Daisy, Luke, and Jake were all preparing for the DJ's upcoming visit, but there was still one person who was never late, but missing out on preparing and waiting:

Zander.

~○~○

The bored pianist sat on the same bench he did when him and Sean met up. He assumed Sean would come by so they would walk together to go to Zander's house-- but unfortunately, the DJ was a little late.

Unfortunate and bored, Zander skimmed through his phone. He groaned heavily. I swear if Sean is not gonna show up I'm gonna--

"Zander?"

A familiar voice interrupted Zander's thought. The pianist looked to his side and found a magenta haired boy standing in front of him. Zander glared at him and said with annoyance in his voice. "What are you doing here?"

"Wow; hey!" The old bully surrendered. "I was only saying hi and...not causing a fuss."

The purple haired boy then remembered what his companion had done to him for a few days. Shopping at the mall to pick out presents for Luke-- then icecream and they both ate out and gave each other compliments--enjoying each other's company. Zander shook his head, trying to act natural. "Okay..."

"Is it okay if I sit here?"

Not having much of choice, Zander nodded his head lightly. The rich boy smiled and sat himself on the benches. After a few moments of silence, Drew managed to break it.

"You know, I've been actually thinking a lot about you lately..." Drew said it without hesitation that Zander's eyes immediately turned wide.

"Are you trying to make me flattered?"

Ignoring the question, Drew continued with a little mumble. "Ever since Jake asked me to go with you to the mall, I realized that you're not as bad as I thought."

Zander paused and awkwardly tightened his grip onto his phone. His frienemy's compliments made him even more flattered. "And I... was wondering if you and I can..." Drew couldn't believe he was saying this now. With courage, he finally said, "Be friends."

Zander paused and grimaced. "You what?"

"I wanna be friends with you." Drew growled. "Yes, I know- this isn't the right time and I hate myself for doing this! I'm sorry for being mean to you-"

"Sure." the purple haired boy interrupted. Drew's eyes brightened slightly. "I honestly don't know why you would bring that up- we were already friends when Jake told us to go to the mall together."

The rich boy's cheeks turned red. "I-- yeah. Okay."  As much as sometimes Drew didn't like Jake's weird tactics and flirtatious jokes, he was thankful he finally got a friend who actually understands him - and that was Zander.

Who knew they would both get along?

"A-Anyway, who are you waiting for?" Drew crossed his arms, changing the subject trying not to get all cheesy.

"Sean, the DJ we had last year." Zander leaned against the bench.

"Oh, the senior freak-- I mean- your friend." Drew scratched the back of his head. Saying the word "freak" was normally how he would describe Zander's friends-- minus Jake, of course.