ch.3 // glorious purpose

Our footsteps echo down the halls as we walk. I still have no clue who this Loki is, but as he's talking I can tell that he's sure full of himself.

My head is still whirring from the previous events, so I keep quiet. Loki and Mobius however, are not. Their insufferable retorts are going to drive me completely bonkers. Sure, Loki was attractive, but he was stubborn as Antaeus. (look him up)

After a while, we slowed to a stop. To our side was a large window, nearly the size of the wall. Outside of the glass however, was completely stunning. Orange yes, but also stunning.

"I'm gonna burn this place to the ground." Loki said, with a tone I hadn't heard before. Though my focus was still at the window, I smiled.

"I'll show you where my desk is, you can start there." Mobius said, "Have a look. Home sweet home."

There was a pause while me and Loki stared at this place full of curiosity.

"I thought there was no magic here." Loki said from beside me.

"There isn't. That's not real. But unfortunately, all the paperwork is. Good tinder for your fire, though." I rolled my eyes internally. This guy must have a book of dorky lines stashed somewhere.

Tired and done, I started walking again. Loki and Mobius hustled to catch up.

"Jeez y/n got somewhere better to be?" Mobius teased. I didn't say anything.

There was another awkward silence while we walked. Finally, Loki spoke. Man this guy liked hearing his own voice. And somewhere deep down- I guess I did too...

I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"Are you taking us somewhere to kill us?" There it was. The million dollar question.

"No. That's where you just were. I'm taking you some place to talk." Mobius answered

"I don't like to talk." Loki retorted.

"But you do like to lie, which you just did. Because we both know you love to talk. Talkie-talkie. Y/n here on the other hand, doesn't." Mobius said, and I stiffened. What did he expect me to do? Joke back and pretend everything about this is entirely normal?

Mobius took the lead, guiding us to wherever he wasn't going to kill us.

I zoned out as Loki and Mobius began to chatter again, giving me a headache. They talked about Mobius and how time passes differently in the TVA. Blah blah blah Mobius created by time keepers, blah blah blah protect the Sacred Timeline blah.

Finally, we reached a door. Mobius pulled it open and stepped inside, creating room for us to follow. Loki stepped aside next to the doorway, gesturing inside to me with a smirk.

"After you"

I nodded absently, and stepped through. I heard him sigh behind me before entering as well.

It was a spacious room with a circular table in the middle. Three chairs around it, surrounding what looked like a projector in the table.

Loki's voice came from behind me, "For the record, this really does feel like a killing-us kind of a room."

"Not big on trust, are you?" Mobius said with a smile.

"Trust is for children and dogs-" Loki began to say before I opened my mouth.

"There's only one person you can trust. Yourself." I said, looking directly at Mobius.

"She speaks!" He said, "I like it. Slap it on a T-shirt." My chest tightened at his words, and I shut my mouth. Thankfully, Loki took this as an opportunity to talk.