Episode 2 Prince, Poet, Princess

Inspired by the song: Soldier, Poet, King

Artist: The Oh Hellos

-GROJBAND INTRO-

Silence filled Corey's garage. All that could be heard were the faint sounds of Kon's munching. He stuffed a few chips in his mouth, giggling at something his brother whispered. While the twins quietly chatted amongst themselves on the detached couch, Laney laid sprawled out on stage. A magazine covered her face, but you could see her eyes tightly shut once the paper slid down.

"Hey guys!" a voice shouted from the staircase. The twins turned at the sight of their band leader. Well... more specifically his bottom half. The rest of him was concealed behind a few huge boxes. He made it to the concrete floor and plopped his load down with a loud thud.

"Sssshh!" the twins said simultaneously, pointing at the sleeping bassist.

"Oooh..." Corey whispered before nodding in agreement.

"Whatcha got there, Corey?" Kon asked, clearly hoping for something fun to do.

"A few boxes of my grandma's stuff I found. My dad called her, and she said that I can keep whatever's inside."

"Oooo, is it some kind of ancient artifact? Like the Book of Fairteeny?" Kin asked, remembering that the Riffens' grandmother loves adventure.

"Book of what?" Corey furthered after the twins walked over to him. Kin and Kon glanced between themselves with the look of pure glee. They then jumped up into the air.

"ROCK---"

"SSSHHH!" Corey spat, motioning to Laney. The red head merely shifted to her side from the sudden sound, but she quickly relaxed and began to silently snore. The brothers quieted themselves and floated back down to the ground.

"Rock Lore..." they whispered.

"In ancient times, there was this selfish king who loved magical creatures. So much so that he would trap them inside these books. Whenever he opened them, the magical creatures would perform music and shows for the king," Kin explained, imagining a big bearded king with several magical books on his shelf.

"However, one fairy had enough of the king's treachery. Her name was Fairteeny. She managed to place a curse on her book, so when anyone opened it, their world would transform into whatever the fairy wanted," Kon continued. He recalled a pink skinned fairy who waved her magical hands.

"And the only way to break Fairteeny's curse is for the person who opened the book to play a song for her," Kin finished, imagining a picture of the king attempting to play music for the pink fairy.

"Cooool," Corey said with a wide grin. He then started rummaging through the old boxes.

"Yeah, but I doubt Corey's Gran-Gran would have been able to find that," Kon pointed out while his band leader ripped out a book. The twins did a double take once they saw the symbol of a pair of fairy wings on the back cover.

"COREY! WAIT!" the twins cried, but Corey had already opened the book.

BAM!

A pink light shot out from the ancient pages, causing the guitarist to drop it. The light then whirled around the garage until it slowly morphed into a figure.

"Haha! Free again!" a tiny voice shouted as it zipped over to the stage.

At the same time, Laney lifted her head up with one huge yawn.

"Hey guys... what did I miss?" Laney questioned until she spotted the magical insect flying around the room. She went wide-eyed for a moment before jumping off the stage.

"I'm never taking a nap in this garage again," Laney complained while racing over to join her band.

"Wow, how long was I in there? This is much different than those ruins," the fairy mumbled, fluttering her tiny wings.

"Hey, Fairteeny, is it?" Corey called out to her. The fairy jolted at the sudden voice. She finally noticed the four people in the room. She zipped over to them and went straight into Corey's face.

"Sooo, young man, you opened my book, huh?"

"Uh, yeah, but I didn't know you were inside--"

"Nonsense, all you humans are the same. You wish to trap and enslave anything that's different in your eyes. Well, I'm the boss now, human!" Fairteeny shouted, poking Corey in the eye.

"Ow! Hey!" he whined, rubbing his bruning eyelid.

"And I COMMAND you to play a song for me," she spat at the teens.

"Alright, alright, we'll play a song," Corey complained before picking up his guitar.

"What is that!" Fairteeny said loudly, pointing at the strange object.

"It's a guitar. We use this to play our music," Corey explained as him and his band popped over to the stage. Each band member grabbed their own instrument.

"Unacceptable! I only listen to instruments like flutes, harps, and other classical and gentle tunes," Fairteeny complained, crossing her arms and turning away from the band.

"Sorry, Fairteeny, we only have these instruments, but we can still play you a--"

"I will not listen to such disobedience! It's cursing time!" the fairy exclaimed while rubbing her hands together, growing a mischievous grin.

"Hey! You said any song. You can't just curse us because you don't like how we play," Laney spat, stepping forward, but she stopped and turned to the band. "Can she?"

"Well, as long as she doesn't hear the song, Fairteeny can do whatever she wants with us," Kin explained. The rest of the band grew wide-eyed.

"Onetwothree--"

Poof!

Dust filled the air of the entire garage. Laney began to cough and hack until the pink smoke finally settled.

"Guys?" Laney called out, but her jaw nearly hit the floor at the sight of the garage. The walls were stripped away of any paint or wallpaper, leaving behind stone. The stage was replaced with a horse stall with hay scattered all over the ground, and Trina's car had morphed into a wooden carriage.

The bassist whirled around for any sign of her band, but Fairteeny was the only one she could see.

"What did you do!? Where're my friends!" Laney growled at the pink fairy.

"Relax, your highness... I simply split you all up, so my fairytale story can go uninterrupted," Fairteeny explained as she fluttered around the red head.

"What are you--" Laney stopped once she looked down. Her whole outfit had changed as well. Instead of her usual rocker style, she wore a green velvet vest with a clean, white blouse underneath. Her head also carried a green hat with a large white feather. Behind her was a red, silky cape that flowed from the drafty house. She gawked between her outfit and the fairy.

"Welcome to my story, prince..."

A/n: See you guys next time! 🤘😎