Band Origin Pt. 2

Previously on Grojband...

"TRIINNNAAAAA!!!!!"

Near death experiences pursue...

SCREEECH!

The moving truck came to a halt infront a giant crimson house. The 10-year-old sitting next to the angsty driver practically ripped his seatbelt off from all his built up tension. Trina had managed to park the truck perfectly next to the sidewalk, despite nearly running over 15 people during the car ride. She flipped her pony tail.

"Totally a piece of cake, right, Dad?" Both her and her little brother turned to the adult also sitting in the vehicle with them. The young man's attention was consumed in a call on his phone. His pink hair was combed neatly before he ran a hand through it. He didn't respond to Trina's words. All he managed to do was give her a thumbs up before hopping out of the vehicle. The pink haired girl frowned at his response before shutting the engine. Her and Corey shared a look for nearly a second before the younger sibling followed their parent.

The beanie wearing boy strolled to the back of the moving truck and unlocked the door. Once inside, the first object he grabbed was, of course, a guitar case. He ripped out the instrument and strolled over to the house. However, his path was interrupted by his sister. Trina yanked the guitar from him.

"Hey!" Corey complained, but the teen ignored his whine.

"Dad doesn't want you playing with your lame toys until you help unpack," Trina said while holding the guitar above her head and out of her brother's reach.

"What about the movers dad paid for?" Corey asked, trying to snag the instrument.

"They won't be coming till like later today, and I'm definitely not helping. Moving boxes aren't for ladies like me," Trina complained before examining her polished nails.

"Sure... more like girls who get rashes from dust bunnies..." Corey replied with a dull tone.

"Exactly why I shouldn't unload the truck. Dad's busy with work, so you need to do it." Corey ignored her words and pulled back his foot, aiming right for her knee. "Do it! And your guitar goes through the wood chipper," Trina threatened. The blue-haired boy glared at his taller sister before storming off back towards the truck. He continued with their staring contest as he pulled at one of the boxes. Once it came out, though, the whole wall of boxes began to shake and crumble. Corey grew wide-eyed before he was consumed in a pile of cardboard.

"Hahaha!" Trina laughed at the sight, swinging the guitar case back and forth.

At the same time, Laney and the twins arrived at the scene. They dove into the bushes and spotted Trina with the guitar case.

"Oh my gosh! Our new neighbor is a guitarist!" Kon cheered before he was shushed by the other two.

"I can't believe our luck. We're gonna rock that talent show," Kin whispered, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Uuuh, are you sure we would want her to be a part of our band? She doesn't look that... nice," Laney replied, eyeballing the pink-haired teen.

"Well, let's try to talk to her," Kin answered.

"Yeah, maybe she's really sweet," Kon added before him and Kin raced out of bushes. Hesitant at first, Laney, eventually, followed the twins across the street. She passed by a pile of boxes. The red head glanced over to it, thinking she saw movement, but ignored the pile when nothing else happened.

"Hey, there! Welcome to the neighborhood!" Kon announced towards the teen. Trina glanced down at the small group, forming a poker face. The silent tension thickened so much that a tumbleweed even bounced past them. Kin glanced between his brother and Laney. They all could feel the intensity in the angsty teen's gaze. Kin swallowed hard before daring to meet Trina's eyes.