Cut-Throat Reunion Pt. 2

Previously on Grojband, the band arrived at what was supposed to be a super magic-filled music festival, but all they managed to find was-

"THIS LONG LINE FOR FIVE LAYERED CHEESE BURRITOS! GAH!" Kon shrieked as he gripped the sides of his bandana. Kin patted his brother on the back to comfort him for the loss.

"Man, checking in for the competition took nothing, but everything else is packed. I guess that means we'll just have more time to figure out how to get lyrics from Trina," Corey said while he scanned the busy crowd around him.

"How exactly are we gonna get Trina to come to a music festival?" Kin asked, turning to look at his leader.

"Nick Mallory?"

"He's sick today," Kin replied. He raised his phone to show the popular guy's social media page.

"Sick? For real? And my sister isn't by his side right now?" Corey asked. He flipped through the phone to find Trina's latest post was her at the mall.

"Yeeaah, he blocked her on Bleeter, so I doubt she even knows," Kin finished with a shrug. His leader handed back the phone and pondered for a moment.

"Huh, good for him... but how are we supposed to-" Corey stopped once he noticed familiar teal-hair in the distance. He looked closer to find Mina laughing and talking with a few new people.

"Is that... Mina? Hanging out with people besides Trina?" Corey asked with a squinted gaze.

"Oh yeah, I know two of them from the book club. They're pretty nice," Kin said, smiling proudly at the teal-haired teen.

"Crud, if they're not together, then how the heck are we going to get..." Corey trailed off as he turned his focus back onto his band. Kin was watching him while Kon continued drooling over the burritos in the distance. The band leader frowned, looking in every direction.

"Wait, where's Laney?" he asked. He tried racking his brain over when was the last time he saw the redhead, but he was drawing a blank. He cursed under his breath for not noticing sooner.

"I saw her checking out a stand a while back. I figured she just wanted to shop while we checked in," Kin mentioned. He joined the guitarist in searching every direction. Corey then got a lock on bright red hair and smiled.

"There! I see her. You guys stay here. I'll go get her," he said quickly before dashing off.

"No problem... It's not like we'll be moving any time soon," Kin muttered, making his brother tear up once again.

Long Waits Are Never Fun!

Laney shook her head, smacking her cheeks to wake up. Ever since she left Cliff's stand, she felt as if she were in a daze. She had forgotten where she was and what she was doing. The teen looked around at the crowd of people when she heard-

"Lanes! Lanes!" a voice shouted.

The redhead stopped. The voice sounded familiar. She raised her head to find a blue-haired boy standing right in front of her.

"Lanes?" he asked with a knitted brow. The bassist blinked a few times before she finally recognized him.

"Core... Core!" Laney gasped. Her memories started flooding back all at once. She looked around to find the busy crowd of people at the festival.

"You okay? We lost you there for a while. Kin said you were shopping and... oh hey, nice bracelet," Corey said while pointing at the teen's hand. Laney followed his gaze to find a dark green, almost black, bracelet that was strapped to her wrist. It carried a very simple design with lighter green lines for the edge, and a tiny pale emerald in the shape of a triangle was placed in the center. Laney grew puzzled by the jewelry.