chapter 16: The Walk

"What's the point of taking a spatial mage to a quest if he can't help us travel" Zora mocks Finral

"I can only go to places I have seen and this is grand magic zone, I can't use my magic here carelessly, I am surprised we can walk in this place" finral defends.

"I know you are doing your best" Gordon Supports

"I should have just come alone" Zora sulks

Finral instead of defending himself, chose to walk, with his Comrad. He had the most mana among the three, so Zora and Gordon must be in even worse condition. Especially Zora who was a peasant.

After lot of complains even Zora stoped because he had no energy left. Zora could not stand properly let alone walk. Gordon was in much better condition but still he wasn't much different.

After few miles Zora couldn't take anymore and kissed the ground
His eyes was starting to close, he could feel his soul being crushed.

"Zora!" Both Gordon and Finral tried to wake him up.

Finral then stands and cast a spell, " mana method spatial sanctuary. Around Zora Gordon and himself, a runes were created and they started to feel much calmer than before, Zora was getting better and he could finally open his eyes not for long though the only person who had trouble breathing now was finral because he was casting the spell.

After few hours Zora was up but his stomach was making noise. Finral stopped casting the spell and fell on Gordon's shoulder.

Since he wasn't able to walk anymore Gordon carried him while Zora wondered,"where can we get some food here?"

Zora prepared some trap so that if any animal were to pass they could feast upon it.

As expected the animal never passed. the darkness engulfed the sky, the hunger wasn't bearable.

Zora regretted taking this journey, he lost all hopes of surving the other day in Hope that the following day would be better he closed his eyes.

Finral being noble recovered his mana much faster than the other two and woke up just to find a little man trapped inside one of Zora's spell

"S-sorry sir, he must have set this trap for the animals."finral apologized as he marched towards him.

"Stop explaining and Free me" the little man said. He was carrying a huge bag on his shoulder, and had large beards but finral decided to not judge him and without wasting a second he freed him.

"Hmm you are kind, take this" he said as he gave finral a Ring and then walked away without saying anything.

Finral tried to stop him but failed. Finral with a bit of hesitation put it on his fingers and he was shocked he felt as if he was in clover kingdom it was like his spatial sanctuary spell which allows the caster to be in a place where he the calmest. It can replicate the atmospheric conditions of the that place inside the spell. Realising now he does not have to worry about grand magic zone he went to Gordon and Zora whose lips were dried and had lost its colour finral casted his spell and tried to wake them up.

Gordon woke up first and saw finral. He hugged him tight and said," I thought you will not survive the night, I am so happy" after a while Zora woke up and hit Finral," you idiot don't use your spell here.

"Why did you hit me! You dont have to worry about that your stupid spell trapped a man and not an animal when I freed him he gave me this ring and its magical."

"A man? Such a valuable magic item. Looks like we must prepare ourselves for another funeral because you have gone crazy" Zora says

"No trust me, I don't know who it was but he surely was not normal. Not only he survived a night in grand magic zone but also had such a Powerful magic item."

*Growl*

Their thoughts were interrupted by the growling sound of their stomach. "Let's worry about the man later. Let's find some thing to eat first"Zora decides.

They stood up and started walking further in the grand magic zone.

There were no animals to hunt, seeds to vegetate, settlement to crash but a snowy land with solituary knights.

The knights walked towards a cave in hope to find a bear resting. The cave appeared to be hollow but as soon as the arrays which surrounded the knights touched the end of the cave the wall vanished in thin air and infront of them was a huge land from which smell of rusting metal, oil and burning plastic came. There were many forging welding and cutting tools being run by little men with long beards like the man Finral saved before.

"W-what is that?" Finral points toward a huge gnome standing at the end, who was staring right at them. The floor before them rose and they engulfed the three knights

"Come on grandpa, let them go they are no threat, they are humans not ogre" said a girl who was also short in height unlike the rest who wore metal gloves and helmet she wore leather gloves and goggles.

"Humans or ogre, god or fate, Valkyrie or devil none shall be considered friends all of them are the same, haven't you heard what they did to our only friends, Licht, if only there was a way to meet him again."said another dwarf who appeared to be the oldest

"But.."before she could defend the human the old man interrupted her.

"Enough! Lila. Austri prepare the execution chamber and Vastri take them there"

"As you please lord Nardri"says both Austri and Vastri in unison.

At night they were scheduled to be executed they were fed like a sheep who was going to be sacrificed. As they were tied with chains they waited their demise.