alton towers

Letting Wilbur take the lead, you followed behind him, dodging a few crowds of people, head swivelling around to look at everything around you. People screamed in delight on all the rides, the carts rumbling past you, doing twists and turns and loops that made your heart pound just looking at them, happy grins in each and every seat. Children squealed happily, holding an array of prizes and food-hotdogs, burgers, stuffed animals, candyfloss, balloons-just hundreds of things.

Eyes widening in delight, you looked around for a good ride to go on first, too excited to pick.

Tommy had some good ideas sometimes. When he had just handed you and Wilbur tickets after finishing up the vlog, you had honestly not known what to expect, but now you were contemplating giving him a present.

"You gonna pick a ride?" Wilbur asked, leaning against a railing, having led you away from where most of the people were.

"I literally cannot choose," you answered, looking around you again. Your eyes fell onto what seemed like a boat, swinging from side to side like a pendulum, cries of laughter echoing out from the ride. "Uh-that looks like a warmup?"

"Oooo The Blade, good choice. Went on it with Tommy last time."

Clapping your hands excitedly, you went to line up, waiting for the other people to get off the ride, impatiently bouncing on your feet. Wilbur raised an eyebrow at you, but you didn't say anything, too distracted by the ride to be annoyed at him.

Honestly, he was lucky you were in such a good mood.

The ride stopped, and people filed off, either shaking so hard they could barely walk or chattering about which ride to go on next, and you pushed past them, sitting down on a seat, holding onto the handlebar in front of you.

"Y/N..." Wilbur said, sounding serious. Just as the ride started to move, he grabbed onto your hand, squeezing it, his eyes tightly shut. "Let me do this, please."

Opening your mouth to say something, the only thing that managed to come out was a scream, as the boat rocked backwards, before swinging forwards violently, the wind whipping around you, everything a blur, the boat moving faster and faster. You had a good view of the park, the rides seeming tiny; people look liked tiny specks dotted onto the landscape.

Turning to glance at Wilbur, you held back a laugh at the pained expression on his face, one hand still clutching onto yours while the other held onto the rail in front of him, gripping so hard that his knuckles were going white.

Luckily for him, the boat was starting to slow down, eventually coming to a halt, swinging a little from side to side as you stumbled off. Wilbur still held onto your hand, taking deep breaths.

"Wilbur? You okay?" you asked, wondering if you would need to perform medical care on him, yet another fun thing being a personal assistant included. Gulping, you frowned when he didn't answer, getting the tiniest bit worried.

He straightened up, a bright grin on his face. "That was fun-let's get on another."

Laughing, you let him lead you to whatever ride he wanted to get on, both relieved and astounded by his quick recovery.

He really was a character, wasn't he?

~~~

After letting him drag you around, you ended up in a gift shop, the shelves stacked with some of the most useless things you had ever seen in your whole entire life-teddies almost drooping onto the floor, sweets lines up neatly in piles, children weaving between the displays and begging their parents to buy whatever caught their eye, it was definitely not a place for two adults to buy stuff.

Well, two normal adults anyway, Wilbur was a whole different story.

"You can't buy ten buckets of candyfloss, pick one," you sighed, rubbing your temples, reaching out to take some of the buckets away from him.

He leant back, insistent on holding them. "But I have the money, so why not?"

"Because finances are what I cover for you and this isn't included. Take one," you scolded, feeling a bit bad that you had to extinguish the childish joy in his eyes, but someone had to be sensible and it wasn't him. "I'm sorry."

"What?" he called out, and you looked up only to see him not holding the candyfloss anymore, but instead looking at the shelves of plushies and keyrings, carefully scouring the selection. At least he wasn't upset or anything, you thought to yourself, going to his side and waiting for him to pick out whatever he wanted. A row of teddy bear keyrings caught your attention, and you reached out to touch them, rubbing your finger against the fluff and smiling. It was cute, shiny eyes twinkling at you, the stitched-on smile small and adorable.

Wilbur snatched two of the keyrings from the shelf, storming off over to the cashier without saying a word, leaving you a little confused. Paying in record time, he was back over to your side in seconds, holding out one of the keyrings. "For you."

"Oh, so we're matching?" Taking it happily, you took your keys out from your bag to attach it, looking fondly at the teddy bear. "Thank you!"

Before you could put your keys away, he took your hand, the flash on his phone going off as he took a photo. "For the instagram-gotta be an influencer, am I right?"

"Of course, of course-"

"Oh my god, it's Wilbur!" someone squealed, practically shoving you out of the way to get to him, leaning in way too close. "I'm such a big fan, can I get a photo?"

"Sure?"

The fan wrapped their arm around Wilbur, pulling him in very close to get the picture, and you turned away, not wanting to see how they were getting touchy with him. Jaw clenched, you heard their excited chatter and tutted to yourself quietly, contemplating leaving the shop so you wouldn't have to hear them.

Why did it bother you so much anyway?

Sighing, you tried to ignore the swirling thoughts in your brain, fidgeting anxiously with your hands, heart thumping loudly in your chest, drowning all the other noise out. A hand touched your shoulder, and you jumped out of your skin, almost knocking over a display of bookmarks, taking deep breaths. "Jesus christ Wilbur, don't scare me like that."

To your surprise, he was smirking down at you, eyebrows raised and looking smug. "You seem a bit...bothered."

"No I'm not!" you snapped back, answering way too fast for someone who wasn't bothered, turning away to leave.

Shrugging his shoulders, he followed you, still with that stupid expression on his face. Face feeling weirdly warm, you looked around, pointing at another ride. "Let's go on that."

"Whatever you say, Y/N."

@wilbursoot

Liked by tommyinnitt, tubbolive, ph1lza and 1,004,564 others

We had fun at Alton Towers :D