Chapter 12

When I awaken, intense pain rakes my body. I take in a shakey breath, before looking up to find Thor sits in an armchair by my bedside.

The repetitive sounds of the heart monitor peirce my skull with every beat. I lay on my side. My back is on fire.

When I hear the door open, Thor pops up in his chair and asks "What did you bring me?"

Hela walks into view and states "Pot noodles."

I give a weak smile and declare "That's not a meal."

Thor and Hela look at each other for a moment, before looking to me. Thor instantly sets the noodles aside and kneels in front of me "Hey, baby."

I smile at him, before replying "Hey."

He looks to Hela "Mom and dad still in the cafeteria?" She nods, before walking out.

She calls over her shoulder "I'll go get them!"

He looks to me and asks "How much do you remember?"

I give a bleak look, before telling him "Everything." He nods, running his hands through my hair.

He takes a moment, before asking "Do you want to talk about it?" I shake my head, tiredly. He gives a weak smile, before asking "Maybe later?"

I reach out for his hand to find my hand in a cast and my arm in a sling. He looks at me, lovingly, before I ask "What did they do to me?"

He takes in a deep breath, before answering "They dislocated your shoulder. Broke your ulna. Fractured seven ribs. Punctured your spleen. Splintered your left femur. Torn rectum. You know the rest."

I take in a deep breath, before I hear footsteps approaching the door. Too many footsteps.

When they enter the room, I see Frigga, Hela, and Odin, out of the corner of my eye. A man approaches as Frigga smiles "Hello, dear."

I give her a weak smile, before looking to the man "Who are you?"

He takes in a deep breath, before declaring "Detective Mobius, Scotland Yard. I'm here to get your statement. Hopefully catch the people that did this to you."

I furrow my brow and look to Thor. He takes my hand and gives me a pitiful look "It's alright, love."

I don't even skip a beat "Can the detective and I have a moment of privacy?" Thor gives a concerned look, before I ask "Please?"

Thor kisses my forehead, before moving the hair out of my face and declaring "I'll be right outside, if you need me."

He steps out, followed by the rest, leaving only Mobius and I. He steps towards the armchair and takes a seat.

He takes out a notepad and sighs "Right, let's begin with anything specific about the assailant. Any identifying marks?"

I take in a deep breath, before declaring "One had a scar that ran down his eyebrow. He was Latino. Average build. Another was a short guy, who had the vocabulary of a older man. He had black hair and hazel eyes. Maybe Egyptian. The last was a big white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Massive shoulders and tiny hips. All of them had American accents."

He's writes it down, before asking "Do you think you could describe them to a sketch artist?" I give a short nod and he asks "How long did they hold you?"

I shake my head "I don't know." He cocks an eyebrow to me and I state "All I know is that it wasn't even eight in the morning when something hit me in the head. And I don't know what time I was dropped off here. It felt like a long time."

He flips to the previous page and states "You were dropped of early Monday morning at 3am."

I furrow my brow and ask "What's today?"

He looks me over, before stating "It's Thursday." I take in a deep breath and he changes the subject "Prehaps you can tell me what happened?"

I take in a deep breath, before declaring "Thor had just gone in the house. Heimdall was already up at the house, giving mail to Odin and Frigga. I continued on running. I had just turned the corner when something hit me in the back of the head."

I take a second, before telling him "I woke up in some abandoned building, chained to a hydraulic lift. Barely standing on my toes."

He writes it down as I continue "The Latino man walked up in front of me. Told me he wanted to get rid of my disease."

"They pulled off my joggers. Ripped off my shirt." I set my jaw as my eyes begin to blur. I sniffle, before telling him "The short one shoved a broomstick in me while the big one beat me with cricket bat."

"They only stopped long enough for the Latino man to carve the work COCKSUCKER into my chest." I state, before taking a deep breath "I passed out, I guess. Woke up to find it was dark."

He looks up to me as tears slip from my eyes and my voice goes muddy "They started in with broomstick, again. Then the cricket bat."

I sob out, which rakes pain throughout my body "I tried to disassociate myself, but it didn't work. It hurt too much."

I cry out "And as I cried, the short guy shoved a gun in my mouth and told me to enjoy it like I always do."

I sob out and grip the railing of the hospital bed. As I cry, he sits there patiently. After a moment, he takes my hand and asks "And the bullet wound?"

I am my head and states "He told me he'd give me a reason to cry." I take in a deep breath, before speaking through my tears "He put the gun in me and I begged for him to stop."

I take in a deep breath, before telling him "And then he pulled the trigger."

He squeeze my hand and asks "Do you remember anything after that?"

I shake my head, before declaring "All I remember was the pain. And how every bump in the van sent more pain throughout my body."

He furrows his brow and asks "How long were you in the van?"

I furrow my brow and state "Not long. Maybe ten minutes."

He nods, before declaring "Rest assured, we will find the people that did this to you." He squeezes my hand and states "I'm going to go talk to your family about the van. See if they saw anything."