Chapter 4: Triggered Vision (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 30th June 2021

Last Updated On: 30th June 2021

T/N: This takes place on 24th February 2020.

~ ~ ~

"Jimin unnie?"

"Jimin?"

"YAH KIM MONDAY!!"

I shot up from my seat while trembling in fear. Tell me I did not just experience that...uh how do I explain it.

"Finally you are awake!" It was Jiyoon speaking to me. "You look like you have seen a ghost!"

"Thankfully I didn't..." I tried to bring the mood up but I was clearly unnerved by...something.

"잠깐만..." Jaehee then interjected which made me realise her presence. "Were you...crying?"

No...why would I be crying? Still, I wiped my face and realised I had dried up tear remains on my cheek. What must I have seen that was so...traumatic?

"Ahh...아니야 Jaehee~" I tried to shrug it off. "The rooms are a little...dusty! Yes, dusty!"

"Whatever it is," Jiyoon put her arm around my shoulder, "we are always here for you if anything happens. Don't try to hide painful thoughts to yourself."

I get what she meant. You see, because our initial debut had been delayed due to a company merger in mid-2019, some of the trainees, whom we have also made friends with, had no choice but to leave PlayM to pursue their dreams elsewhere. I remember losing some close friends as a result and there were times I felt quite lonely. However, that was certainly not the reason why I cried just now.

"Let's go back to the main practice room. We need to film an outro for the 'Spin-Off' episode!" Jihan called out.

Before I said anything, Jaehee and Jiyoon simultaneously assured me, "Yes, we will not speak of anything that happened here."

But I know they will end up spilling the beans at some point...

The incident aside, we joined the other members and filmed the outro, which sadly would be the last one of the 'Spin-Off' series. We were supposed to fake cry, but I decided to make a little joke in the meantime.

"But I'm not crying. Why is that...?" I asked randomly.

...because you already cried in the recording studio...

"...Because you never know how we might be back again somehow 하하하!"

That made the members laugh along with me. Good job Kim Jimin!

I kept telling our fans to not be sad and not to cry because the series is over, but I knew I already broke that rule earlier on. Although I did not show it on camera, I was struggling to be positive-minded. So after we did our closing speech I decided now would be a good time...

...to sing LOONA's latest comeback 'So What'.

Of course, Jihan joined in since she relished any opportunity to be an Orbit. And for that, I was glad I could make our ENFP happy in the moment.

The ride back to our dorm was uneventful, at least on the surface. I sat in the back of our van clutching my bag which contained, among other stuff, the box with the hairband.

Let me rephrase it, the bloodstained hairband with cat ears.

Who would give me such an item? Ok in the best case scenario it was probably a mistaken delivery and I could always return the item to the post office. But in the worst-case scenario, it might be some scammer or debt collector trying to harass me and the members...!