Chapter 5: Scheduled Nightmare (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 1st July 2021

Last Updated On: 2nd July 2021

T/N: This takes place on 28th February 2020. In this timeline, LOONA's 'Fact iN Star' episode was filmed and released one week later.

~ ~ ~

"Aeong, do you want to be on camera?" Yves unnie noticed me staring at the handycam she was holding. I squeezed in next to Jinsoul unnie, who along with Lip unnie is also in the frame.

Today, as part of our comeback promotions, we were filming with TBS for the ever-popular idol talk show 'Fact iN Star'. It will be our 2nd appearance as a full group on this show after previously guesting in our respective sub-units.

As usual, we were tasked to document our interactions in the waiting room, which had a recent addition in the form of our group name being stuck on the wall.

"I feel warm because Orbit members are here," Yves commented at how thankful she was for the fans' supporting us from outside the studio despite it being winter.

I decided to wander around the room for a little and soak in the atmosphere. It might not be my first recording with the members for a talk/variety show, but recent events have changed me as a person, not least being reminded of my difficult past before LOONA. Orbits always assumed my quiet and mostly emotionless persona is just an on-screen gag and the times I break character with aeong-ing and bread-ing are my true character.

I'll say it here first, it is the opposite.

Anyway, my roommate Chuu unnie now held the camera and she dragged me into the frame. Ok, time to think of a persona that the fans know me by.

"Same bed sisters~!" Chuu announced, which made me shocked. No one knew we were actually roommates in our dorm up till this point.

"That's a secret, unnie!" I told her and she too was equally surprised. I continued by adding, "We are announcing it only to 'Fact iN Star'~"

"A secret only between US!" Chuu chirped.

Suddenly we went about having an aegyo battle, which ended up in Chuu's victory(?) because she is the official cutie of LOONA anyway. How are my aeongs not cute enough, Orbits?! ㅋㅋㅋ

Still, having Chuu as a roommate is quite nice. Some days when I need that extra energy boost, her ENFP personality is the perfect medicine. However, as much as I love Chuu, she cannot know about my past. Or at least, the fact I was once a person in captive.

That got me wondering, what should I do if the unlikely situation of the members finding out about my past, known or unknown, happens? How should I explain myself to them? I cannot just nonchalantly say stuff like: "Oh yes and the dude who held me captive was quite handsome like in the dramas. Are all kidnappers like that?"

That was a lie, by the way, I highly doubt whoever put me through years of torture was remotely good-looking.

The talk show finally got underway with Yves doing a brief introduction for our title track 'So What' and MC Jun hilariously performing the song with some help from Choerry. It was also nice of him to remember Kim Lip's birthday, which was a few days before the recording. After a talking relay between MC Jun and the members, Yves unnie decided to bring up the topic of macaroons. Specifically, the macaroon she kept for me but which ended up being consumed by Heejin instead.

While Yves insisted the macaroons were for me, I clarified the matter by saying, "I don't like macaroons."

And sadly, that is the truth.