Chapter 29: My Thoughts (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 9th December 2021

Last Updated On: 9th December 2021

T/N: This takes place on 2nd November 2020. In this timeline, the Monday X Jiyoon dance battle did not happen.

~ ~ ~

I'm back here. Back to where the rollercoaster (ha ha) that is my second meeting with Hyunjin. Weeekly were in the waiting room as we got ready for our upcoming recording on 'Fact iN Star'. Since our latest comeback with 'Zig Zag', and the timing of our promotions alongside LOONA, Daileees have been looking forward to this episode of the show.

As expected, the members went about trying the games laid out on the table. Jiyoon, for example, tried whack-a-mole first, but then wanted to redeem herself by playing with the mini flick punch machine. Then I overheard Jihan say, "Hello, I am Jihan. Jihan who loves Fact iN Star!"

She and Soeun had free reign of camera directing and the members were keen to show themselves in this pre-show segment. That is, except me.

Remember that time when Yves sunbaenim tricked me into thinking I got the chance to have a special date with her? Yeah, I still remember that. For good reasons, I got to meet and open up to Hyunjin. For bad reasons, I got unintentionally dragged into Hyunjin's case(?). Honestly, I was not sure how to face Yves sunbaenim later. Or for that matter, is Hyunjin unnie going to show up again like before?!

The thought alone made me shiver.

"I know you are thinking about Hyunjin and yes the members already suspect something amiss with you since MCountdown."

Soojin unnie was the one who approached me this time. Naturally as the one sharing my past's burden, we have made an unofficial agreement to keep it between ourselves. That included the facts about Jin Jin (or whatever we learnt from the NCI investigation).

"How did the members assume that?" I was curious about Soojin unnie's statement.

"Well, let's just say they already did so since Heejin showed up at our dorm when Hyunjin went missing..." Soojin revealed rather unsurprisingly.

Ah crap...eventually it was going to happen, right?

"Jimin, if I were you," she sighed, "just tell them about Jin Jin."

"미쳤어요, 언니?!" I whisper-yelled to her. Personally, even if I told them they wouldn't believe me anyway because I am the closet clown of Weeekly. That aside, I already am sharing my burden with Soojin unnie and that should remain so.

"I get that you want to protect and save Jin Jin on your own since this is outside of our job," Soojin reasoned with me, "but from what Heejin unnie has told me about Hyunjin unnie, both of you are stuck in a rut that is only getting deeper and harder to escape from. You two need help."

Admittedly, she was right. Hyunjin unnie's situation, whether it is related to Jin Jin or not, has haunted her as much as Jin Jin's kidnapping haunts me today. However, there is one thing none of the Weeekly members will ever find out; at least not today.

Her eyes.

For a long time, I only had some memories of Jin Jin's face as a child. I know she is about 2 years older than me and wore a cat ear hairband. But her eyes...that latest memory...it triggered something big. Big enough to prevent me from telling even Soojin unnie.

These thoughts lingered with me as the members and I made our way to the studio for the recording to commence. I kept them aside and turned on my professionalism mode as the MCs showed up on set. It was Jaehwan oppa and Yves sunbaenim again, so of course Jihan was unable to keep still.