Chapter 19: An Emotional Sharing (Monday POV) [Birthday Special]

First Posted On: 30th September 2021

Last Updated On: 30th September 2021

T/N: This takes place on 13th July 2020 and 19th August 2020.

~ ~ ~

You would think having coffee with your sunbaenim just weeks after debuting is a dream come true. To some extent, it is, because naturally they would impart their knowledge about idol life and prepare you for the road ahead.

The thing is, after meeting Hyunjin earlier, I never saw her as a sunbaenim (because she insisted I didn't). Rather, she really gave off the unnie vibe I so dearly missed. Either way, her sudden seizure when I just started talking about my past was pretty unexpected; to say the least. But what could I do...?! This is the first time I encountered such a situation; Hyunjin or not. Isn't she the robot in LOONA?!

My quick thinking led me to embrace her warmly. I remembered that is what Soojin did when I was unnerved about my past. More importantly, that is what 아빠 and 엄마 did when I threw tantrums as a kid.

"Hush now," I consoled Hyunjin unnie. "I don't know what you have been through and I am sorry for what I may have said to trigger something bad for you. However, I hope I can be a shoulder for your distress, Hyunjin unnie."

She calmed down at last. Not bad Kim Jimin, you can become a counsellor.

Unknowingly, we were both shedding tears during this brief embrace. I think I also felt Hyunjin's tears on my shoulder. Strangely, I began to recall that one memory of Jin Jin (I think) talking about that hairband with me.

I asked Eomma if she could buy this for us. You can wear it once you are older since it is too big for your head right now.

For a long time, I only heard the child's voice, but never saw her face. But recent assumptions of Jin Jin being my sister now filled my mind, and I am becoming more certain that she was also the one who had the hairband in that memory. The same hairband that ended up being delivered to me all those months ago.

But how does it link with...those cries for help?

"MIN MIN! HELP!"

If that was Jin Jin calling me mere moments after I remembered her talking about the hairband...does that mean Jin Jin was kidnapped on the same day?

"MIN MIN! 도와주세요!"

잠깐만...why did I recall someone saying those things... Literally. Seconds. Ago?!

Calmly, I faced Hyunjin again. She had stopped crying, and so had I. As soon as I saw her face again, I had a chilling thought and vision...

...of flashes of her face crying for help...

...and her letting me wear that cat-ear hairband.

I blinked profusely, unable to distinguish dreams from reality.

"감사합니다...김지민," Hyunjin broke her silence. "I was reminded of bad things...and I dragged you into it. I never knew I needed a caring person like you."

I managed to snap out of my delusion and replied, "It's just something my parents taught me...and Soojin unnie too."

"I have an idea..." Hyunjin suggested, "why not one of these days before LOONA becomes busy with promotions again, Heejin and I go out for a date with you and Soojin?"

That surprised me, no joke. But I quite liked it since it will be like a Mix Nine reunion for them. I might feel a bit left out though.

"Sure unnie!" I agreed. "You seem quite certain we will meet again."