Chapter 17: Unexpected Visit (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 15th September 2021

Last Updated On: 15th September 2021

T/N: This takes place on 13th July 2020.

~ ~ ~

"Breathe, Han Jihyo. Breathe," a rather flustered Jihan was monologuing in a cute way.

"Yah yah..." Jiyoon chuckled. "I didn't think our Orbit fandom president was being serious at first, but seeing her being so nervous before a recording just shows how die-hard of a fan she is."

"And here I thought finally going to see Yves sunbaenim face to face will be a huge win for me," Soeun agreed. "Can't compare with Jihyo's love for LOONA overall."

I looked on silently at the members as we prepared for the Fact iN Star recording. Yes, our debut meant we got the chance to make an appearance on this popular talk show. Honestly, everyone was keen to be on the show to promote Weeekly's brand and songs, but for some of us, it is another opportunity to meet with another sunbaenim of a famous group.

Yves. The Yves of LOONA. She's the MC of Fact iN Star!

Our time in the waiting room was a buzz of excitement at the thought of finally meeting a LOONA member. Next to APink sunbaenim, the members and I agree that LOONA is a group we aspire to become in music concepts and MV styles. Don't get me started on how Jihan literally fills her bunk bed with LOONA merchandise by the way. ㅋㅋㅋ

LOONA tho...

You didn't see me here...

That memory of Hyunjin just keeps bugging me. Yes, she saved me and Weeekly, but why do I struggle to understand her actions...?

"A penny for your thoughts?" Soojin unnie approached me. She had just finished playing a mini-game with Jihan and saw I was a little distanced from the vlogging that the members were doing.

"I think you know what are my thoughts, unnie," I pretty much stated the obvious to her.

"Look," she assured me. "You did not bring the hairband today, just as you have been doing for the promotions so far. Why does it still bother you?"

The hairband does not bother me. What Hyunjin sunbaenim said bothers me...

"You wouldn't get it yet, unnie," I diverted her attention away from Hyunjin for now. While it is true that although Soojin knew about the past memories I was struggling with, she does not know about Hyunjin saving us at our debut showcase.

"I feel like you are hiding something deeper from me, but I won't force you to tell me anything if it is for the best," Soojin sighed. "Besides, look at how happy Jihyo is. Think about it, we are finally meeting LOONA sunbaenim!"

"마자!" I smiled a little as I was reminded of our Orbit president.

"Oh well," Soojin continued. "Hopefully I can meet the other LOONA members one day. Especially Heejin and Hyunjin sunbaenims!"

I froze briefly before adding, "You still miss Mix Nine, don't you?"

This time, it was Soojin's turn to fall silent. Mix Nine was a touchy subject for her not because of the show, but because of what happened while travelling to a schedule with the show. The thought that our leader-nim could have been injured severely had the circumstances not been in her favour put me and the members in shock at times.

"미안해, 언니," I apologised. "I shouldn't have-"

"No, same here, I shouldn't have kept pushing for your struggles at this time," she added.