Chapter 7: My Sunday (Hyunjin & Monday POV)

First Posted On: 12th July 2021

Last Updated On: 12th July 2021

T/N: This takes place on 26th April 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

I don't know why I decided to carry my guitar out of my room, but as a musician I guess the urge to be serenaded must be getting to me. Or maybe it was cabin fever.

"I think you are just a unique individual unnie," Olivia Hye remarked when she entered the living room where I was having my breakfast.

"And is that a compliment, Son Hyejoo sshi?" I joked with her.

"Well, since we are both quite introverted, it is nice to see you express the outgoing side character every now and then," she explained. "We need an energy like Kim Jiwoo every now and then."

"But then my roommate keeps talking in her sleep!" I complained. "She's way too energetic."

Yes I can say that because Chuu unnie had a schedule that morning so she was not in the dorm.

Anyway, with my breakfast done, I cleared the dishes up and prepared to head out of the dorm. Don't worry, I had my mask on, but the most important thing I needed to carry was my guitar.

My guitar, which I lend to the members sometimes, represents a time before I was scouted by Blockberry. One of the few TMIs that my members knew about me, besides the whole aeong-ie personality, was that I used to do busking. It was also while busking that a representative from the agency spotted me and felt I had the potential to debut in their upcoming girl group.

Of course, I had no idea that girl group would be LOONA, or the fact that the members and I would debut in stages. However, considering the life I used to live, I would say the three years of training leading up to my debut was worth it. Also, busking was my roots after all; that much I strive to remember.

Truthfully, it is the one 'good' thing my abductor told me.

Remember these roots of yours, because it shall be with you for the rest of your life...even when I'm gone.

As much as I hated it then, it suddenly carried new meaning now as a LOONA member.

Given the ongoing COVID-19 situation, I decided not to venture too far from the dorm; avoiding public transport and finding a good busking spot on foot. Anything to get some fresh air I guess. Fortunately, I knew the one place that couldn't be more significant for me personally.

Seodaemun Independence Park.

I have walked there a few times for my exercise. Not only is the park a nice escape within the city, it commemorates Korean independence with monuments scattered around the park. For me, it is just the perfect place to be reminded of my own independence...from captivity.

That might be great and all, but a deeper part of me wanted answers too. There was one answer I wanted the most: the one about my real family.

Did I have an omma and appa? Did they also end up affected by my abductor's actions in one way or another? Or...

No, don't think about that. They must be somewhere, it is just a matter of finding them.

I found a bench in the park and I took out the guitar I was carrying. To add to that significance, it is the guitar that I used all those years ago when I was started out busking. I actually can play the piano better (since my abductor was nice enough to leave one for me), but it would be hard to carry even a keyboard around for busking, so I self-taught playing the guitar. Anything to not let my musical talents go to waste.