Chapter 20: Double Date (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 5th October 2021

Last Updated On: 5th October 2021

T/N: This takes place on 5th September 2020.

~ ~ ~

"Hyun...why are we doing this again?" Heejin stared at me quizzically as we exited our dorm. Well, our final destination for the day was the agency building, where we would prepare for our October comeback. However, I had other ideas in the meantime since our practice was in the evening.

"Please, just do me and someone a favour, Heejin ah..." I pleaded with cat-like eyes. "You'll thank me later."

"And why should I thank you, aeong?" she challenged.

"Because I know you love me..." I shyly answered and that made the bunny roll her eyes.

(A/N: PPGGFxion is not encouraging SSA, but for the sake of the plot and because of other fanfics' influences, just play along for a while)

We get that a lot. Heejin and I are so close that the members even question our friendship. But I am 100% sure whoever we are meeting later has the same struggles.

For a while, Heejin and I strolled down Seoul's Apgujeong area to do some window shopping. This is on the other side of the Hangang and somewhat feels a world away from the area where Blockberry Creative is located. I'm not a Geography major, but it certainly feels like the buildings here are brighter and more modern in this area. Honestly, neither Heejin nor I minded.

Anyways, we were heading straight for the one place I had in mind. While walking there, I decided to have more small talk with Heejin.

"It's been a long time since we had a little date together, Heekie," I told her.

"Oh yes Hyun," she smiled at me. "You have been very busy yourself. Ever since your sudden disappearance during our KCON:TACT practice."

I knew what she meant, and I did not want to be reminded of it.

But that also led to my intentions for today. I did contemplate after a while that Heejin needs to know something. Something about what I was up to lately, but not my past abduction story. She won't be ready for the truth.

And I'm sure whoever we will meet later will agree with me.

After a while, we arrived at the place I wanted to go. It is a new cafe called 'A Twosome Place'. Quite fitting considering we are here as a two people; for now at least.

"Oooh~" Heejin nudged me. "Hyunjinnie is taking me to a cafe. Now this feels like a proper date. I bet this place has your favourite: bread!"

Well...the top criteria for any cafe is that they must sell bread. Because I like bread.

So we entered the cafe and the staff asked us if we would like a table for two.

"Actually, for four please," I corrected her. "We are expecting friends."

With a surprised Heejin in tow, we found a corner seat away from the crowd. Thankfully no one recognised us with our masks and caps on.

"You didn't tell me we will be having coffee with other people..." she whispered to me.

"Now you know how good I am at keeping secrets," I winked at her.

Five minutes later, another pair entered the cafe. Their confident entrance suggested they knew this area well and probably patronised this cafe a lot. They seemed to be expressing a sisterly bond...something I secretly wished to have at times. But I recognised the pair and motioned them over to our seats.