Chapter 31: Fifteen Years (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 17th December 2021

Last Updated On: 17th December 2021

T/N: This takes place on 11th November 2020.

~ ~ ~

From that moment on, I had left all my regrets behind. I was ready to come clean about what I knew, what I went through, and who needed me most.

And there were at least three people who needed me more than LOONA ever did. One of them was standing in front of me with tears in her eyes.

"언니..." Jimin spoke at last. "I must be dreaming again right? But I can't be because when I recalled my past last time...those eyes..."

"You mean...you saw Jin- I mean, my eyes? When I was younger?" I was astonished at her memory and then realised that was how she found out I was her sister.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME 너 바보야!" she was wailing at me now and hitting my abs hard (even though she is the taller one). "Haven't you had any idea how long I wanted to hear those words?"

While all this was happening, the other three Weeekly members were still processing the scene before their eyes. They probably knew how emotional Monday is as a Weeekly member, but this is the most unstable she has been since...the cat ear hairband.

"The timing wasn't right..." I told her honestly. "And we are promoting idols we cannot let this affect our careers when we are still younglings in KPop, right?"

"Says the person who didn't even know she had family waiting for her!" Monday was still visibly shaken and upset despite learning the truth. Man...wait till she eventually hears about my disappearance...

"Jimin unnie..." Jihan cautiously approached her this time against the wishes of Jiyoon and Soeun. As expected, Monday shooed her away.

"Stay out of it Jihyo ah..." Monday ordered. As she did that, I noticed a piece of paper fall out of her hand. It's the letter I asked Yves unnie to pass to her. Hmm...seems like she didn't read it yet. I cannot blame her; she probably had a lot of doubts up till now.

Noticing the letter, Soeun picked it up and was about to open it. But then she looked at me and wondered if I was fine with it.

Instead, suspecting the reason why the letter was unread in the first place, I asked Monday, "Would you like your sister to read to you the letter that you were supposed to read? Just like old times...?"

Whatever those old times were, they were still vague. However, I wanted to be the older sister Jimin never had...again. Besides, the Weeekly members are getting a free KDrama screening; they should thank me.

And then I had a plan.

"I know you are being sulky that I didn't tell you earlier," I sighed, "but then you also aren't much better by keeping our friendship-turned-siblingship from Weeekly either. So while you gather your thoughts, let's go back to your dorm and come clean with everyone."

"Fifteen years..."

Monday finally uttered words again. She's an interesting 동생, even though I never spent time with her for fifteen years.

"For fifteen years, I wondered what my real sister was like," Monday continued. "Was she a good girl like I had been remembering? Or was she a ruthless thug who just wanted to survive this place on her own...? No one could trace her...so was she an innocent victim or a secret hero of society? All these things...and I never imagined my sister was never missing...but she was my lifesaver. Twice."