Chapter 12: Recall (Monday POV)

First Posted On: 1st August 2021

Last Updated On: 1st August 2021

T/N: This takes place on 30th May 2020. Also please read the A/N at the end.

~ ~ ~

"와요! 와요!" Soojin unnie was calling us into one of the conference rooms at PlayM. We had gathered here for our regular practice schedules, but today was going to be significant for two reasons.

Firstly, we recently completed filming for another 1theK special feature (in addition to a reality show mini-series we just filmed with them for our pre-debut). For me, Soojin, Jihan and Jiyoon, we were no stranger to 1theK videos as they usually approach us for Music Circle, where we live sing our sunbaenims' hit songs.

Secondly, our group, Weeekly, is going to start the debut countdown! We were recently announced as PlayM's new girl group in nine years (since APink debuted in 2011 as ACube). The countdown is significant because from that day, it will be exactly 1 month to our MV release!

Now you may be wondering, why are the members and I gathered in the conference room? Well it is going to become a tradition that we all watch and react to ourselves being filmed. It could be a MV, interview, reality show...but as long as one of us appeared in it, we are going to react to it.

"It's going to build our group dynamic," Soojin explained to us when we asked about it once. "Also I like it when 6 of you are not laughing at me for once and we are instead laughing with each other and making memories."

"But we never~ tease you!" Soeun tried to curry favour with our leader-nim. That made Soojin pout, but in a playful manner.

Anyway, we all wondered what video we were going to react to this time, although I probably knew which one it was going to be. We recently had to do a stage break performance with 1theK, who has been hyping our debut for the past few weeks. If I must describe the programme that day, it was a chance for us to showcase our dual personalities while flexing our dancing skills. Typical Weeekly.

Oh yes, it also feels great to confidently say our group name!

Sure enough, the video we would be reacting to was the stage break dance cover. All the choreography aside, it was really nice to listen to Seventeen and Twice sunbaenims' songs as well as the ninja challenge song.

"Omoya!" Jihan squealed. "Look at me doing the Hadouken on Jaehee!"

Right at that moment, the scene shifted to the 02-line (Jiyoon, Soeun and I). I found it quite hilarious and I decided to share my observations with the members.

"It's like Soeun is the middle ground while Jiyoon is chirpy and I have the charisma," I told them.

"마자요," Soeun agreed with me. "Oh oh, it's your scene next Jimin ah!"

Yes, the camera panned towards my part of the stage break. I was standing on a desk with Zoa and Soojin unnie dancing beside me at ground level. Dang the choreography for Seventeen may be hard but it is so rewarding when you have that one-shot for yourself.

Then everyone's favourite chorus for 'Pretty U' came up with centre Soeun leading the formation. We all cheered for her in response. This swiftly followed a transition to Twice's 'Fancy' with Zoa as the centre. At this stage, although the members were keeping their eyes on the TV screen in the conference room in anticipation of the next performance, I became a little distracted. I knew the next scene was the transition leading up to the ninja challenge performance...and if I am honest the filming for that scene was not the most pleasant from my perspective.