Chapter 14: Save You, Saved Me (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 18th August 2021

Last Updated On: 18th August 2021

T/N: This takes place on 30th June 2020. Also let's assume Weeekly and LOONA's schedules were nearby.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

Today our group schedule is a (virtually screened) KCON performance called 'KCONTACT' and we will be joined with other famous groups in our midst. Throughout the day I also used this opportunity to film for another episode of my LOONA LOG. It seems the Orbits liked my previous log on the LOONA channel so the company asked me to make another one.

Our day started early in the morning, but because it is summer, it felt like a late start in my opinion. LOONA's early riser, Chuu unnie, had already been up and about nagging us that we needed to up our game to give our Orbits something to cheer about during this pandemic.

"It builds character!" she would always comment.

"You are just denying that you have way too much energy and just cannot sleep longer, right?" Yves unnie once asked her.

"아니!" Chuu kept denying with a squeal. Seriously, how do I tolerate being her room mate?

Anyway, I was still 'recovering' from a snack I prepared for myself in the dorm: spicy teokbokki. It made my lips swell a little, but I tend to handle spice well. Besides, the meal was quite delicious.

We headed to the salon to fix our hair and appearance in the lead-up to the virtual concert. The KCON team based in Korea was able to rent a series of event spaces for the various groups, which all have to be decentralised to prevent disease transmission. Therefore, our agency requested for the space closest to the salon so we did not have to travel far after getting our makeup done.

During the day, we had some rehearsals were lined up for us so it was ever important for us to keep up the fresh look. They went by without a hitch as we performed 'So What' like usual. I remembered recording the members and I practicing for it in my vlog.

Two rehearsals later, it was already late afternoon. We were back in the waiting room when Kim Lip showed up as I was about to prepare another vlog recording.

"Hyunjin ah," she asked me. "You wanna have a cookie?" (A/N: PTT meme reference)

"내언니!" I chimed in. Subway cookies are my favourite. Nice timing, I ate them as I vlogged. Sadly, they were gone as soon as I started, and if I'm honest I was still a little peckish.

As our next rehearsal was not for another hour, I asked our manager if I could briefly head to a cafe located two blocks down to buy my favourite cream bread. He agreed on the condition I got him coffee too, so that was how I ended strolling outside with my mask on. Despite it being close to the start of rush hour, I arrived at the cafe, which was actually located in an office building.

I placed the coffee and bread order and went to take a look at the food options. I don't know about you, but the smell of baked goods is irresistible. Even if they were slightly burnt...like what I was smelling now.

Wait what-

"Ma'am your coffee is ready!" the staff at the cafe called me. As I took the food and drink, I was increasingly bothered by that burning smell. It was way too strong to be from the cafe's oven... Actually, it was getting even stronger...