Chapter 28: My Name (Hyunjin POV)

First Posted On: 28th November 2021

Last Updated On: 28th November 2021

T/N: This takes place on 29th October 2020.

~ ~ ~

I'm not entirely happy with the arrangement the police made during LOONA's promotion period, but I only have myself to blame for causing all these minor inconveniences. If anything, my past actions were also the root cause of all this.

I know the members are not happy with this fact, even if they don't show it. I know that they know I made LOONA be protected by bodyguards. It isn't as privileged as it sounds, mind you.

"Come on, at least let me go to the cafeteria on my own?!" Chuu unnie was complaining to one of the guards. "I'm hungry!!"

"We have been given orders, and we are obliged to follow them," Guard 1 remained firm.

"Hey this is unfair," Kim Lip unnie was next to voice her frustrations. "Even our manager-nim isn't that strict."

"This isn't our concern," Guard 2 remained unfazed.

The members have only made complaints about these restrictions since we came here. For some reason, they just seemed to accept the fact I wasn't adding my opinion on the matter.

Sigh, I needed Jimin's company right now. She's my only solitude.

Speaking of Monday, I know Olivia Hye was just able to squeeze her way out of the waiting room to visit Weeekly as part of her filming for '1theK The First Date'. I made sure to inform her to let Monday know I am doing alright. In doing so, I also learnt that Yves unnie already shared her concerns about mine and Jimin's friendship.

Oh well, that was a calculated risk back then and I still think it paid off, at the cost of my past's secrecy.

Olivia Hye returned soon after with an unreadable expression on her face. Did she tell Monday something unexpected? Maybe about the members knowing about us?

Or...did Monday tell her something I should know?

Yes, I still stand firm on my belief that whatever happened to me when I was abducted had some connection to Monday's missing sister Jin Jin. It was a hunch, but I also had a somewhat distinct memory of something my captor said...

...they'll never find you now that I made sure you remain nameless...

My name. He did something with my name.

No, I always held onto the reality that my name is Kim Hyunjin. That was my conscience in my captivity. I could sell my soul away to the devil, but I will still be Kim Hyunjin. Who knew that first part actually became a reality too.

"Hyunjin unnie!" Olivia Hye approached me suddenly seemingly back to her normal self.

"Yes Hyejoo?" I stared at her.

Then Olivia Hye made the action of washing her face before pointing at me. Weird...?

What she did next was to point at her phone's calendar. And I registered what she said and stood up, but not before telling her, "감사합니다~".

I told the guards that I had to use the bathroom, and they escorted me there. That was also the open door for Chuu unnie to dart towards the cafeteria. Oh poor unnie, she just wanted food...

With the guards staying outside the bathroom, I was extremely glad they respected my privacy. I definitely needed that, but for a different reason. And that's when I found her.