Chapter 4: freedom?

A week later Tsume was able to go on missions with them, there was a time where she didn't want to fight and run off or disappear when no one was looking.

Even Herald couldn't understand it. She just keeps telling him "HE" is watching but never finds out who "HE" is, in March the snow melted and Tsume was outside in the field laying on the ground as she basked in the sunshine watching the clouds go by.

She felt at peace in the sun and soon closed her eyes as she fell asleep but quickly jerked awake as she felt eyes watching her

"Tsume?"

She turned to see Melvin, a little girl with blond hair and her 2 brothers following her

"What are you doing?"

"Just ...watching the clouds"

"You like the sun?"

"I'm not in the sun most of the time ...just the cold...i kind of miss it" She said.

The kids wanted to play with Tsume. She didn't think it was a good idea but didn't want to disappoint the kids and went to play with them, they wanted to play ball and watch them pass it back and forth

"Come on tusme catch it!" Melvin said toss the ball to her.

Tsume caught it, but at first she was afraid that she might have frozen it.

But to her surprise?

Nothing happened.

"You ok?" One of Melvin's brothers asked Tsume.

She sighed and tossed the ball back to them.

From there, the game continued on, until everyone was called in when they heard the alarm went off.

Herald showed on the screen that it's Johnny Rancid. His pet Wrexzilla was running amuck and destroying the town

Just before Herald was about to have everyone move out he looked to tsume who didn't seem like she wanted to go out there

"It's ok tsume. You don't have to go" Herald walked up to her, and told her this.

Tsume looked disappointed in herself for being too afraid to go out there to help.

But she knew that if she did step outside then 'He' will see her.

"Is that such a good idea to keep her here alone?" Bumblebee questioned still not trusting the young Frost girl

"She'll be fine here on her own and besides we won't be gone for that long" Said Herald.

As the team headed out after Herald said' Titans Go!" Tsume hated herself for feeling like hiding away at the enemy's base when she was ordered to kill them on sight.

She only feared what would happen to her if HE ever found her.

But she felt at peace here and safe without being forced to do anything other than get control of her powers and getting used to the surroundings around her. Tsume was not used to being out in the sun.

But she wondered what it felt like to be surrounded by friends. And now that she had that, she wondered if she could even call them friends? She already knew that some of the Titans didn't trust her at all.

And the funny thing when it came to that was,Tsume was okay with that. She wanted to Head back to her bedroom.

But she thought that if she did then someone might try to sneak into the tower if she wasn't careful, didn't even have the right to even call herself a hero or even be with them and why would they trust her so willingly with open arms?

Well.

Some of them were killed. Making Herald and his rag tag team the only teen titans team left to carry the mantle of those that were titans before them.

Tsume did not know this.

Which was why she wondered why Herald was trusting her and why he was being so kind to her? She was never shown such kindness before. Not even from her brother and sisters.

They were the ones who did the deed that Tsume would never forget nor would it vanish from her mind.

Truth be told it felt like yesterday.

The 2 people she would consider her brother and sister turned on her while their mother was out.

She pondered if her mother knew that she was gone.

Or did she even care?

Didn't matter to Tsume because her mother was hard. On All Of Them.

Yet she was mostly hard-on Tsume because she refused to use her powers. She could not control them.

But now that she had full control of it no thanks to HIM, she was at his mercy and under his control

She watched on the screen where Herald and his team were in town and they were having a hard time fighting the metal T-Rex.

Bumblebee was trying her hardest to stop Johnny from doing more destruction in town. But it seemed like his toys we're getting in the way of that success.

Tsume wanted to go and help. But she changed her mind when she saw that somehow, some way, the Teen Titans were able to beat Johnny and have him turned into the authorities.

Yet all of this was nothing more than a mere tip of the iceberg.