Chapter 11: first mission

Leo was given his own room like Tsume. It had been two days since Slade's defeat. Leo was heavily depressed. But it didn't stop him from training during the wee hours of the morning. Though. That reminded him of Maliah. His sister.His friend.How could he let her die? How could he not protect her, He could have saved her.But she knocked him out. Nevertheless, Leo blamed himself for what happened. Just like he blamed himself for not remembering what he did to Terra. Hopefully he would find that out today. When Leo returned, he walked through the halls of this place. At the same time, Tsume had woken up. She came out of her room and saw Leo. Leo paused when he saw Tsume. He was scared of her. Not because of her powers. But because he didn't know her. He didn't know any of the titans.Each one went by their hero names. Saved Raven and Tsume.

"....Hello. My name is Leo. Leo S. Eason. It's nice to meet you." He said shyly. Playing with his thumbs.

"I'm Tsume Fuyu. It's nice to meet you too"

Tsume said trying to be polite as possible

"Where are you from Tsume?" Leo asked

Tsume looked away from leo and sighed. "I ...rather not talk about it..the place i thought was home ..isn't home anymore, sorry"

"It's okay. I lost my home too. I lost my sister Maliah. My family. My hometown. My friends. If they were my friends. And now I don't have anything. I have no home. No friends. No. No. No family. But I can't let that stop me from making a difference. And I don't even know how to do that." Said Leo, fighting back the urge to cry.

"Maybe we shouldn't have to think so much about our past, we are here together and maybe we just have to make a new home for ourselves," Tsume said.

She felt like she was wrong to say that but she felt like it was the right thing to say at a time like this.

"I wish it was that easy." Said Leo. "Hopefully I can forget it. And maybe find people to call family." With that Leo heard Jinx yell out, "Breakfast!~ Come and get it!~"

"First one to the table gets served first!" Kid Flash yelled while bursting through his door and running down the halls to the dining room.

Leo looked over at Tsume and commented to her, "Whoa...He's fast."

Tsume and Leo met the other Titans who sat in the dining room. Jinx saw the two and said, "Rise and shine sunshines! You're just in time for Jinx's amazing breakfast!"Leo blinked.Not saying a word. Tsume followed suit.Was Jinx's breakfast cooking really that amazing?

"Well. Take a seat with the others. As I serve you all my special Breakfast Dish." She said to Leo and Tsume.

Tsume sat beside Herald. Leo beside Raven, who was drinking Tea.

"How did you sleep, better than before?"

Herald asked tsume as she nodded and thanked him for allowing her to stay , she had a lot things to thank him for but all Herald wanted was for her to be happy and live her life to the fullest

"Can I ask..I hope it's not rude but...is Jinx a good cook?"

Tsume question as Herald took a sip of his coffee and smiled

"There's nothing to worry about. She can cook, really well"

He told her as she nodded. Tsume remembered her times back home. She would do the cooking for her brothers and sisters but they weren't too happy with her cooking and threw it at her or just acted like they dropped it to make her clean it up. She wondered if she would have to do the same again.

"We all take turns cooking , if you would like to have a turn will put it to a vote"

Herald said as tsume nodded again watching the pigtailed pink haired girl carry on her cooking.