-11

TW// MATURE LANGUAGE, ANXIETY, DEREALIZATION

The next morning my parents left around 11 AM. I helped with packing and waved them goodbye.

I closed the door behind me, instantly leaning against it. I just said bye to my parents for the rest of the week. Isn't that cool? It feels free now there's no on here to take care of me. I can do everything by myself.
I texted Dream to come over and 'have fun'.

Just minutes later a blonde boy entered my living room.
"So we're alone now" he giggled, looking around.
"Yep, no one here"

It feels so safe now that I'm alone. It's a weird feeling of happiness I always desired.

"What do you want to do Georgie?"
Dream grabbed my hands and pulled me closer. I instantly felt his eyes staring at me. He closed me in his arms.

"You're such an idiot" I chuckled, trying to loosen myself from his grip. But I failed miserably, making Dream lose his balance by my stupid frolicking. We both stumbled, trying to lean against the wall. Dream somehow slammed against it first and protected me from getting hurt.

We fell onto the ground in tears from laughter.
Dream held my head, keeping it safe from the hard floor. I laid on my side, holding my stomach to catch breath.

"I think you're the stupid one here. You made us fall" the blonde brought out.
"Let's leave this behind okay? I don't want to talk about it" I giggled, trying to sit up.

At the end no one got hurt and we put on some music. We spent the next 2 hours sliding across the wooden floor and showing our best moves. We danced our hearts out like we never have before. It felt like I was dreaming.

There was this one moment when Dream held my hand. We stood close to each other in the middle of the living room. He slowly came closer to me, fingers touching my skin. He smiled widely, staring into my eyes. Not normal staring, it was like he was staring into my soul. Not my eyes. My soul was all that mattered.

He held my cheeks, slowly approaching and pressing a soft kiss on my lips. His gentle touch against my skin felt like I was in heaven.
He did it so cautiously. He was aware of everything around us.

And when he let go, a beautiful bright smile appeared. A smile of happiness. I felt so special.

And we continued our day like nothing happened. I knew he felt the same. Just some weird type of butterflies I guess. We had lunch and rested on the couch, watching a movie.

It has been almost 5 hours since my parents left the house. I stood up from the couch and collected my dirty plates. I brought them to the kitchen and cleaned them up. Just as I closed the tap, my phone started buzzing in the pocket of my black sweatpants.

My aunt's name lighted up the screen. I froze, staring at the pickup button. She never calls me. Only if something bad happened.

My heart stopped and I slowly slid the pick up button to the right, hearing a welcoming "Hello?" blast out of my phone.

"Hello? This is George" I placed the phone against my ear. I put my other hand on my chest.

"Dear George, are you alone?"

"I'm with a friend but it's okay"

I'm so scared. My heart started beating faster with every word I heard.

"I have horrible news sweetie"

Please don't.

"Okay, what happened?" I tried to stay calm but you could hear the worry in my voice.

"Let me send you a news article"

A what? A news article? What happened?
A message popped up at the top of my screen. I clicked on the text, instantly opening the link.

Man and woman killed in car crash after their vehicle catches on fire.

Vancouver police found a burning car with perished man and woman on the side of the northern highway. Both were found dead when emergency services arrived.

The word rushed through my mind. Man and woman? No. You can't tell me it's them. There is no way in hell it's them.

"George I'm so sorry, the man and woman are indeed your parents"

My mouth fell open. Her voice trembled through the phone. No. There is no way. That's not possible. It's not possible. It was as my heart stopped beating. I tried to speak but my voice gave up. I felt my breathing change and my legs felt numb. Seconds later I collapsed onto the floor, my phone slamming on the white kitchen tiles. A scream escaped my mouth as tears rolled down my cheeks.

All I saw was Dream running towards me, holding my head. He was yelling. Asking me what happened. Why I suddenly collapsed. He was trying to understand. But I couldn't speak. All I did was stare at the floor. In tears.

I grabbed his hand, squeezing it very tight. Tears kept rolling down my cheeks. What happened? Why did this happen?
I yelled a loud 'fuck' as I let my head rest in Dream's lap. He tried his best to comfort me, still unaware what happened.

I quickly started hyperventilating, my whole body feeling numb. I felt like I was floating. Those kitchen walls were coming towards me.
I felt like..empty?

My whole body stopped working and I almost passed out. My hands were full on shaking. I couldn't stare Dream in his eyes. He kept trying to keep me focused. All I could do was scream. Scream for help. Scream for someone to understand.

All I could do was scream. While my aunt was still on the phone, trying to find out why I was screaming this much. I simply just stopped feeling. It hit me like a train.

All I saw was Dream ending the call, telling my aunt he'll take care. She told him. She told him my parents...passed?
Did they pass?
They died, that's for sure. Read that news article. Screenshot it, do whatever.

The blonde picked me up and carried me upstairs. All I saw was my bedroom. He sat me on my bed, closing my body in his arms. I couldn't stop shaking. I couldn't stop yelling, trying to get someone to help.

Now I know what losing your parents feels like.
It hurts, honestly.
I do not recommend it.

They died.

Mom and dad.

Just gone.

Out of nowhere.

After all those years we could go on a roadtrip with the same car, without any problems. After all that time.

I had no words.

I couldn't keep control.

Tell me to keep breathing and ''you'll be okay George!'' but no.

I can't handle this.

It's too much.

I felt like I could pass out any second.

fuck dude.
After all those years.
They're gone.
Now forever.
Not just a week.
Forever gone.

-
Remember you're loved!
Vote?