The Unusual Argument_A SaiRat TS_Part 2

"Shut your mouth, Pakhi Didi, there are many mosquitoes buzzing here and there," Sai said, as everyone stared at the open-mouthed Patralekha.

Bhavani was the first one to compose herself.

"Patralekha, what happened to you?" she asked.

"Patralekha beta, what is it? Tell us," said Ninad.

"Yes, Patralekha, tell us, what is it?" the last of the trio asked.

"Patralekha," Bhavani called out again.

Karishma, who was sitting beside Patralekha, nudged her, breaking her trance.

She frantically looked here and there, recovering from the shock.

"Patralekha, what happened, dear?" Bhavani asked again.

"Badi mami-
Badi, mami, it's nothing," she replied.

"Patralekha, you don't need to hide something from us, dear. We are your family. I can tell something is troubling you. What is it?" Bhavani asked, once again.

"Yes, Patralekha, you can tell us," Ninad agreed.

"Yes, Patralekha, Dada is right, you can tell us," Omkar added.

"Badi mami, Ninad mama, Omi mama; you won't believe what Virat did just now, when no one was looking," she said.

"When no one was looking. Liar. Someone was looking, she was," Sai whispered to Virat, as he chuckled.

"See, Badi mami, now he's laughing, he is insulting me!" Patralekha cried.

"Pakhi, how am I insulting you? Is laughing also a crime, now, here? In this jail of a house?" Virat asked her.

"Look at that, Ashwini, look at how your son's insulting our Patralekha. It's all because of the liberty you grant your Daughter-in-law. He's speaking under her influence," Bhavani taunted Ashwini.

"Exactly, Vahini, I'm so proud," Ashwini replied.

"What did you say?!" Bhavani asked.

"Whatever you heard, Kaku. Or is your old age leading to hearing problems?" Sai retorted.

"Aye jungli mulgi, no one is talking to you here," Bhavani said.

"But the subject of everyone's conversation is, as always, me, Kaku. And, anyways, how am I responsible for what Virat sir says? He's not a toddler, whom I would be able to manipulate against you," Sai replied.

"Badi mami," Patralekha chipped in as Bhavani was about to say something, "don't you want to know what Virat did?"

"Yes, dear, I'm sorry, this jungli mulgi changed the subject, go on dear."

"Badi mami-"

"It was not a big deal, Pakhi Didi," Sai spoke over her.

"Badi mami, it was, you know?
He fe-" she began again, only to be spoken over by Virat.

"Pakhi, please, sometimes, a day without drama isn't a day wasted-"

"BADI MAMI, VIRAT FED SAI WITH HIS OWN HANDS!" Patralekha shouted, as gasps echoed all throughout the table.

"Arrey, she said it," Sai whispered to Virat.

"Said it? She bloody shouted it! I told you, we should have waited 'til we reached our room. Don't you ever listen to me," huffed Virat.

"Haw, so now it's my fault if your friend-"

"Sai!" he yelled in a whisper, glaring.

"Sorry...
But what do we do now?" Sai asked.