Kiss_A SaiRat OS

"Yeh kya hai? Khana yaha khaoge?" Ashwini asked her son, noticing the plate of food he had brought with him for the first time.

It was the first time in ages that she, her husband, and her son sat together and talked, like a real family. Perhaps that was why she hadn't noticed it before; she had been too busy enjoying the moment.

He looked up to her.

"Kiske liye?" she asked further.

He looked down, at the tray, then up at her, and said, as if it was too obvious, because it was, "Aur kiske liye hoga, Aai? Sai ke liye."

She raised her brows, impressed. Her husband smiled -- a huge change in the mundane life, as Virat continued, "Main jaanta hun na... kitni bhuk lag rahi hogi usse."

She was truly impressed.

"Aur yeh aap bhi jaanti hain ki agar Sai rahegi bhuki... toh mujhe kardegi dukhi," he added, making Ninad laugh.

The boy's turned a poet in love, she thought.

"Toh tum yaha kya kar rahe ho? Bhago, bhago, jaldi khana lekar jao warna woh bol-bol ke, bol-bol ke tumhara dimag kha jaegi," she joked.

However  she was enjoying this moment with her small, happy family, her son needed to go to his wife now. She knew it.

"Utho, pakdo," she began shooing him away.

"Han, main jata hun" he agreed, smiling.

He picked the tray up and slid away from her view.

She turned to Ninad and said, her arms folded before her chest, as he continued playing and admiring the gift from his one-in-millions Daughter-in-law "Han, ustaad ji, shuru kijiye."

***************

"Sai, dekho tumhare liye khana laya hun. Bhuk lag rahi hogi na tumhe. Subah se kuchh nahi khaya hai," called out Virat, entering his room, only to find it vacant.

He scanned the room. She was nowhere to be seen.

"Sai!" he called out once again.

Silence was what he got in response.

Looking down at the tray of food in his hands, he wondered where Sai could be, out loud.

***************

He was walking down the stairs, the tray of food still in his hands, when he heard movement in the kitchen.

Curious, he walked towards the direction of the disruption. What he was subjected to, though, was a sight to behold.

Standing in midst of the kitchen, leaning against the edge of the platform that supported the stove, he saw her, sitting on the countertop. She was eating straight from a bowl, like a child. He wasn't surprised, he was well aware of her every form. He was amused, though. As of now, she was in her cute avatar, and only he knew how he restrained himself from running to her and pulling her cheeks.

Several clean-polished -- licked, to be precise -- bowls sat before her. Evidently, she had been as hungry as he had thought.

He quietly walked to her and handed her the tray he had been taking alongside him. She snatched it from him, eating from it, not once thinking about it's origin.

He stood silently beside her, waiting for her to realise that somehow, a tray full of food had floated to her.

And soon enough, she did. She froze, a piece of chappati between her fingers. He could almost hear the working within her brain. She turned towards him, and sudden shock struck her.
She was about to drop the tray, when he held her hands to steady her. She looked at him with her enlarged eyes, enchanting him.