Suraj Hua Maddham, Chaand Jalne Laga_A SaiRat OS

He was panting, as if he had run for miles, his feet came to a halt when he could not run further. His hands on his bent knees, he glanced ahead: his wife was running, unaware that he had stopped running behind her, to catch her.

He glanced at his surrounding. Onto his left, the sun - still incredibly yellow - hung low in a sky that was on the verge of converging with the sea's deep blue, which sparkled as though laden with diamonds. The roars of the sea - as its great tides washed over the warm sand beneath his feet - mingled with the rustle of the leaves of the trees of palm, whose silhouettes were all that was visible to him of them. Onto his right, rose high buildings of an opulent hotel, which was where they were staying.

He heard a melody, followed by melodious voices. Somebody at the hotel was playing 'Suraj hua maddham' on speakers, it seemed.

Aa... aa... Suraj hua maddham, chaand jalne laga, he heard Sonu Nigam sing as he looked upon the sun, setting, below the ghostly silhouette of the moon.

She turned, facing him, her smile flipping a hundred and eighty degrees when she found herself yards away from him, and threw an inquiring look at him.

Aasman yeh haaye, kyun pighalne laga?

When he looked up again, he found the dark sky, scattered with stars, mirroring the sea below, the ghostly silhouette of a moon now visibly bright.

He lifted a hand to level with his face, trying to convey that he could not continue further.

Main thehra raha, zameen chalne lagi...

Pouting in acknowledgement of his message, she sprinted towards him.

"Virat sir, aap ruk kyun gaye? Aur toh aur mujhe bataya bhi nahi. Main aise paaglo ki tarah akele bhaag rahi thi, aur aap hain ki-"

"Shh... aaj koyi jhagda nahi, meri toofan mail," he whispered, as he pulled her hand towards him. Taken by surprise, she fell upon him, hands on his chest, as she screamed.

Dhadka yeh dil, saans thamne lagi...

He slid his left arm past her waist, resting it at the small of her back, drowning into the ocean of her eyes that swirled in the whirlpool of love. He took her right hand in his, leaving the other against his pounding chest.

She bit her lower lip and stared back into his eyes hesitantly as her palm met his lips.

"Virat sir..."

"Mhm... aaj nahi, Sai," he breathed onto her face, sliding his nose past hers.

She freed her hand, it went up his chest, clutching onto his shirt.

O... kya yeh mera pehla-pehla pyaar hai?

Sai found herself asking the same question as Virat's hands went past her hair. Did she really... love him? Could she love him?

He pulled her into a hug, inhaling her scent, along with the tang of the sea. She hugged him back, he felt her hands on his back.

Sajna... kya yeh mera pehla-pehla pyaar hain?

He agreed to it without a flicker of skepticism as he pulled back.

He held her cheek with his palm, onto which she breathed heavily.