Chapter Fourteen

DR. Sazon started flying closer to them.
Aria started to shake, and Wren and Kylo prepared themselves to fight, but DR. Sazon just grinned.
"Looks like you kids have figured it out."
He told them.
"But there's still something that you don't know."
"What's he talking about?"
Wren whispered to Kylo.
"I have no idea."
Kylo whispered back, and DR. Sazon began.
"15 years ago, while I was still starting out as a scientist, I hadn't really made any amazing inventions yet, and was generally just making random gadgets.
It was always a goal of mine to somehow find a way to give superpowers to regular humans but my research didn't go anywhere.
After about two years of research on this, I had finally found a way to genetically create superpowers that could be injected into humans, however they needed a power source in order for them to activate.
One day, I found a glowing crystal shard that had fallen from outer space, and after a bit of research on it, I found that it was just the power source I needed to activate the vaccine.
I had already taken the vaccine, and all I needed to do was touch it in order to activate the powers.
During all this, I met a woman and we got married.
She eventually got pregnant and gave birth to twins—one boy, one girl.
I wanted to give powers to the babies, but my wife refused.
I had managed to give them the vaccines in secret, but before they touched the crystal shard, my wife found out and tried to run away with the babies.
I had managed to grab one of them—the boy, and I ran away with him, but when people found out about my daughter, my wife was locked up in jail, and my daughter was sent to an orphanage.
After that day, I promised myself I would get my daughter back again so we could finally be a family.
Also to get revenge on the world, just like it was cruel to me.
And well, you three know the rest.
Anyway, that boy was you, Kylo, and the girl was Aria."
All three of them were in a state of shock.
"I...I can't believe this..." Aria muttered.
"This explains so much..." Kylo looked down at the ground, clenching his fists.
DR. Sazon grinned, and began to fly higher as he lifted his arm.
"And now that I have you both here, we could finally be a family again."
He fired a laser at them.
Wren was the first to notice, and shoved them out of the way while screaming.
DR. Sazon got angry, and flew away.
They assumed he was flying back to earth to destroy it, so they quickly needed to find a way to stop him.
"DR. Sazon...he's really my FATHER?"
Aria stumbled to the ground.
"And I have a twin?!"
Kylo sat down next to Aria, and put his hand on her shoulder to try to comfort her.
"I know, I'm just as shocked as you, but right now, he's heading to earth, so we can't focus on that now.
What we need to do now is make a plan."
Wren got up.
"We have to go after him! If we spend all our time making a plan, by the time we actually get to him, it will already be too late!"
Kylo got up next.
"Then we'll just have to think quickly.
There's no use in going if we're not even going to make a plan.
I've been preparing for this day for WEEKS, and I know that you guys have too.
We can't just rush into anything without making a plan, so let's just at least make a simple strategy before we go out there."
Just then, they all heard an extremely loud explosion in the distance.
They all whirled their heads around to see that the explosion came from the direction of earth.
Wren started to hover over the ground.
"I don't care about a plan!
I'm going now, and I'll save the world MYSELF, before it's too late!"
Aria wiped a tear from her eye, as she looked up and saw Wren start to fly away, but shortly after was shot down by a laser, that seemed like it was coming out of nowhere!
She immediately fell to the ground, then Tyson squealed, and rushed over to where she fell.

Kylo also went over there, and reached out his arm to help her up.
Wren grabbed his hand and got up.
She looked at Kylo as she whipped the dirt off of her hoodie.
"Ok, what's the plan?"