Part 4 - The best dessert idea

Jamie's POV

''Well...'' I was unsure if I should tell Dave about Chris, it was only one date and yeah I liked him but maybe it was too soon.

Fuck it, he's my big bro!

''I actually have a date tomorrow night, so you'll be on your own.'' I say and take a sip of my drink.

''Really?'' He smirks at me.

''Yeah, this guy I met at work...'' I decided it's maybe still too early to tell him it was Chris Evans. ''He seems really nice and, to say at the least, he's very hot!'' I was aware that I probably sounded like a school girl with a crush, but I didn't really care. He laughed in response.

''Well good for you!'' He patted my hand on the table. I nodded in response and smiled.

We finished our lunch and I decided to take him and show him around the famous beach when an idea popped into my head. I pull out my phone and open my group chat

Me

Wanna come over tonight?

Dave's in town!

Layla

Yeah! I'll be there.

Adam

I was planning on having a Maryl Streep marathon, but since I love you more-I'll be there.

Me

Thanks Adam

Sheila what about U?

Sheila

Yeah, yeah here I am

You know it's not a real party without me!

Me

Well it's not technically a party...

Sheila

It is if I bring booze and you put on some music.

I laugh at her message and put my phone back in my purse. We hail a cab back to my apartment.

''I'll go see if my guest room is presentable and then you can bring your bags up!'' I say and walk up the stair, I hear him yell 'K' in response. Once I pull out guest towels and remove everything that needs to be removed, I call him up.

''Ready or not, here I come.'' He jokes as he enters the room. I laugh.

''Okay so this is the guest room,'' I gesture across the room with my hands,''Your bathroom is over here'' I show him through the door attached to his room, ''Across the hall is mine,'' I lead him out into the hallway and in my room, ''Here it is,'' He looks around, ''And you've seen how downstairs looks like.''

''It looks great Jamie, thanks.'' He kisses the side of my head.

''Don't be ridiculous!'' I wave him off, ''Layla, Sheila and Adam are coming over tho...'' I say unsure if he'll like the idea. He met Sheila and Layla before and we all hung out numerous times, but maybe he wasn't in the mood.

''Cool. I haven't seen them in forever.'' He sounded sincerely excited, ''I haven't met Adam before.''

''Yeah, but you'll like him.'' I say assured.

We go downstairs and chat for a little while before there's a knock on the door.

''It must be them.'' I get up from the couch and open the door.

''Hey girl!'' Sheila hugs me holding a bottle of whiskey, ''Dave!'' She squeals and hugs him.

''Hey Sheila, god I haven't seen you in forever.'' He lets go of her.