Chapter 6

Mayumi practiced archery in her back yard. Targets were placed all around her, some in difficult spots. They were small targets, allowing a little room for error. Regardless, all the arrows she shot hit the bullseye mark. This cleared her mind and let her focus on one thing: Aiming.

She heard the bell ring notifying someone was coming in the area. Yumi put down her bow and saw Mine. "Your father called me saying something was wrong," Mine explained her arrival.

"Nothing is wrong," Yumi told her, "I just accidentally put too much trust in someone."

"Ah, so there is something wrong," Mine pointed at her, "I'm assuming this has to do with Akashi. So, what is it? I kind of want to beat him up for prying the truth out from you. Cut off his fingers so he can't play basketball!"

Yumi chuckled at her friend's sadism, but the small laugh went away as she told her friend, "He threatened that he'll reveal the truth."

"Hah! What kind of threat is that? There's no physical harm woven in- WHAT?!" Mine realized what Yumi meant by 'truth.' "Yumi-sama, I will fight him the moment I see him! That emperor is going to get dethroned!"

"I appreciate the comforting support, NeNe-chan, but you know there's not point in fighting. Akashi is absolute....." Yumi sighed, "I left all my work and stuff in the student council room."

"Well, let's go back and get it," Mine suggested, "It's late, he shouldn't be there anymore. I'll keep you company."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

As they walked through the halls, Mine commented, "This large school gets really eerie when it's dark and empty."

"I'm sure you can win a fight against a ghost."

Mine laughed at her friend's joke, "You're right, the ghost doesn't stand a chance!"

Yumi opened the door and entered the room. She notice her desk organized and her school bag left on her desk.

"It seems that he finished my work for me." Yumi somewhat felt guilty abandoning her workload. But, then again, she wanted to leave.

Walking to the desk and getting her bag she thanked her friend, "Thanks for coming with me, NeNe-chan." She was surprised to not a hear a reply. "NeNe-chan?" She finally turned around.

Mine was on the floor knocked out cold as Akashi stood above her. "What did you-"

"That's the best your bodyguard can do?" He mocked, "My skills are superior to hers. As it should be." He looked at her and stepped closer, "You have a lot of audacity to leave your work unfinished."

"I came back, didn't I?" Yumi scoffed, "If it's audacity you're talking about, you have a lot to threat-" she didn't realize how close he stood in front of her.

"I displayed the power I had over you," he told her.

Yumi scoffed, "Yup, because you're absolute, I know. Go ahead, tell everyone that I'm a murderer." The broken trust she apparently had in him partially affected how fast she gave up.

Akashi didn't show any reaction and simply asked, "Who called you a murderer?"

Yumi was silent for a long moment. The pain that question stung in her best felt like a shot in the chest. Probably how her sister felt......

Her eyes matched the same emotionless gaze as of the emperors as she suppressed the feeling away. It was as if she closed a container and hid herself away.

"My mother," she blankly answered. Not a hint of pain was expressed, "Being the one who shot the gun, she couldn't bare seeing my murderous eyes anymore. That's why she moved away after the incident. Now you know the full truth."