01 : Business

CHAPTER 1
Business

I was raised by a well respected family known here in Sariaya, the daughter of the Francisco and Angelica Tecson who owned one of the  best beach hotels and the largest farm in Sariaya, ang pamumuhay sa probinsyang ito ay malayong malayo sa ibang normal na kabataang gaya ko o tanging ako lang ang ganon.

I was just 11 when they started to stop me from everything, no friends, no toys, and whatever I want, I was just 11 when they start explaining things I don't want. They always talk about business and start teaching me about it. 

The other kids are waking up to watch their favorite cartoon in the morning while I have to wake up to catch up with my schedule. Everyday is like a hell day for me. Business issues are everywhere, papers are my toys, I dont even have someone to talk about my day.

I looked at the mirror as it reflected the beauty of my face, from my chinky eyes, pointed nose and a bright pink lips, the shape of my face is just like my mother, a round one, I have a fair skin that makes me stunned out whenever I go out for a dip in our beach.

"Don't you like your face?" my mother asked me one time when she caught me seriously staring at my face it looks like I'm memorizing each part of it.

Honestly speaking, I love it, I love every inch of it, I love how it looks perfectly fit my body but I'm just looking at the mirror because it's reflecting me, it's like I'm seing my other self, the one that is not existing and barely breathing, the one who's free to do whatever she wanted to do.

"Nothing." i shook my face and put a smile in my lips.

I just look at her one more time and started to walk away, I'm planning to take a dip now since the sun is ready for the sunset, I always love watching the sunset, the way how it fully ended so the darkness will start to take over after the bright yet beautiful in the eyes sunset.

"Don't forget the party later, comeback before 7." alam kong may iba pa siyang sasabihin pero inunahan ko na siya. Sa ilang taon kong pagsasanay para maging isa sa kanila, masasabi kong alam ko na lahat ng pasikot sikot. I'm now 15 and yet I still do not have the freedom I want.

Maybe in my 16th I will, they will give it, hopefully.

In a life being a Tecson is so lucky for them, imagine having a nice home, money, and other luxuries everyone dreamed for but here I am, slowly taking insecure of them, a happy family and the freedom they have.

As I look the clean blue ocean of Sariaya, I am always attracted by the beauty of it not just the beauty but it feels like the ashes of the dead, they happily died that they wished to be thrown here, maybe they are aware of their own death that's why they wished to  here. 

Being one with the ocean feels like I am one of the fishes, fishes that has only limits where to swim, if they go beyond their limitation they would die and if swim with the fishermen they will get caught.

After minutes of taking a dip I just look at the wide ocean in front of me, my body was under the warm ocean covering me to the cold wind blowing around, what a beautiful way to say that it is the end of the day. I don't know if it is really an coincidence or my mother told everyone to not take a swim everytime I will have a dip because everytime I go here  the people are starting to pack their things and leave me. It hurts me everytime, It's like I don't have the right to socialize and meet anyone.