25 : Comeback

Chapter 25
Comeback

Huminga ako nang malalim at humarap sa mga kaibigan.

"I will go home at 2 PM, can I have a private flight Sexene?" I asked her. She owned one and she told me weeks ago that it's still here.

"Yes, uuwi ka na? Agad agad?" She asked, I think she expected that I will go back to the Philippines tomorrow. That's what I thought but if I would do that, mas tatagal ako. Kailangang asikasuhin ang negosyo. Hindi ko alam kung paano pero ang sabi lamang sa akin ay naka burol na ang aking ina, hindi iyon sa mansyon.

I thought it was just a trapped so my mother can have me back and be with her again but when I visited some news in the Philippines, it is true. Even my friends searched and asked the authorities about it.

My mother met a car accident when she's on her way back home from a party two days ago. If I will go home now with the 14 hours and 30 minutes flight I will be there before lunch, bago siya tuluyang ilibing.

Ayoko mang masaksihan ang bagay na iyon ay ina ko pa rin siya. Marami mang pagkukulang ngunit binuhay niya pa rin ako.

I recall what happened when I woke up this morning. I am still shock and shaking about it.

"Good morning, is this Miss Selene Rhia Tecson?" a girl from the other line, I thought it was for work.

"Yes, may I know who I am talking with?"

"I am the secretary of your mother." agad dumaloy ang kaba, takot at galit sa katawan ko, what is this all about.

"I don't want to know anything from her. Bye." I was about to drop the call when she said those words that make my whole system crush.

"Your mother died, 2 days ago and there are no other part of the family listed on the papers other than you to take over the business." she told me formally.

"I don't care about that!" I shouted as anger approached me.

"What about the workers, miss? I need this job for my family that is why I call you and to take over from this." I was stunned. I didn't think about that.

Is this really my faith? I look to the window of the plane and I can see the cities and the darkness clearer from here.

I want to cry because again I have to go back, kailangan ko muling bisitahin ang buhay ko at ang kinalimutang pag aralan noong bata ako but there are no tears left.

Seyka is with me, sleeping. I really love the face of this girl lalo na habang tulog siya. She is living the life I wanted when I was a child. She looks at peace and having a nice dream. She didn't carry any problem at all. We never let her have any kinds of problem she can't carry, her problems are just her toys and we are spoiling her too much.

Sexene and Seyene is sleeping too at the back. Ako lang ang tanging gising ngayon. Huminga ako ng malalim.

Xen come with us too. He is beside Seyka, I look at him, we look like a family here.

"Are you done staring at me?" he whispered, I thought he's asleep.

"Nah." I look back at the window.