THE PHONE CALL

.........................

The next day, 

Ashwin : You O.K ? 

I asked to my, so called, just friend ( Sivaangi ) .

There were no reply form the other end. The lecture has ended and the classroom was empty. I hadn't spoken to her after yesterday's heat up conversation. Pretty girls behave the best when you ignore them. But today I had to talk to her, I decided. 

But I can't. I had tried a lot to make her look at me. She gave no attention to me. And the next period was Mathematics. Students don't have much dare to take of their eyes from board as well as Professor as we had marks for class participation - saying something that sounds intelligent.

 Students don't have much dare to take of their eyes from board as well as Professor as we had marks for class participation - saying something that sounds intelligent

The class got over. I stole a glance at Sivaangi, maybe I should cut out my studied ignorance strategy and talk to her now, I thought. And I made the move again.

Ashwin :  You O.K.? 

She nodded.She fixed her gaze down.

Sivaangi : I really hate problems and equations. This class was not going in my way.

Ashwin :  Nobody cares. All professors are boring. That's the universal truth. They are the best lullaby teacher, I guess. Lets talk about something else. 

Sivaangi :  Not all, but yeah. You know what, I came second in Delhi University. These wanna be Mathematics professors turned the beautiful numbers to Greek symbol junkyard.

I kept silent.

Sivaangi :  You were in IIITB (Indian Institute of Information Bangalore ),  you probably love equations.?

Ashwin :  No. I am not a big fan of them. Greek symbols do take out the fun out of my subject.

Sivaangi : Exactly, but these profs don't think so. They will have these equations in the test next week. I am going to flunk. And he is going to turn me into this specimen of the educated but clueless Indian student. I bet I am the staff-room discussion right now.

Ashwin : They are all frustrated, we are half their age but will earn twice as them in two years. Wouldn't you hate an eleven-year-old if he earned double?

We walked out of the class. We decided to skip lunch and have tea and omelette at the roadside, out  the campus. 

Sivaangi : Oh God,  How am I going to clear this test. Should I have to leave my sleep, leave my paneer, and a lot more...

Ashwin : Don't freak out. Listen, you can study with me. I don't like these equations,but I am good at them. That's all we did at IIT for four years.

She looked at me for a few seconds. 

Sivaangi :This is purely for study reasons. Okay.