THE PLAN

.........

'Everything OK? ', asked one panelist.

Ashwin : Yes, I only need a minute.

Sivaangi : What? Just tell me here.

 I saw the panel's confused expression. I went up to Sivaangi.

Sivaangi : What? Are you mad?

 I knelt down next to her, my mouth close to her ear.

Ashwin : Sorry, how is it going? ( I whispered )

Sivaangi : Ashwineyyy, this better be important. What's up?

Ashwin : Sivaangi, I am Ashwin Kumar and am deeply in love with you and want to be with you always. Apart from where we go to office, of course. Will you marry me?

Sivaangi's mouth fell open. She alternated her glance between the panel and me.

Sivaangi : Ashwineyyyyy.........

She tried hard but a tear slipped out of her carefully eye lined eyes.  'Everything OK?' one panel member asked as he noticed Sivaangi's restlessness. 'It's not bad news, I hope.'

Sivaangi shook her head as she took a sip from the glass of water in front of her.

Sivaangi : No, it's not bad news at all. It's good.

Ashwin : Sivaangi ...

Sivaangi : What now?  You have already told this to me? What happened to you now?

Ashwin : Yes, but you haven't said the same words to me. I mean, to be frank, I wanted to hear 'I LOVE YOU' from you. 

She tightened her lips to hide a laugh. 

Sivaangi : Yes, I love you idiot. I will be with you. Just not right now. So, go!

Okay, my job is done. I felt like I have kept something heavier down from my head. A big sigh I release. 

Sivaangi : Wow, this feels special.

She said those words with a bright face. With a great smile. The interview was done over in the afternoon. Now, its evening time for us to get talk some gossips and many more in my room. She sat in my bed and I noticed her contacts were open. I peaked inside phone. Something, that possessive men usually do to their girls. I found out she saved a contact that wasn't supposed to be in her phone.

Ashwin : Sivaangi maa...

I know that 'Maa' tone hits different. To her it means something important or she did something wrong.

Sivaangi : What happened?

Ashwin : Who is that number saved as HUSBAND ? 

She laughed for 3 seconds exactly.

Sivaangi : It's you, Ashwineyyy.

Ashwin : Why haven't you informed me about this?

Sivaangi : Should I ?

Ashwin : Sivaangi, you don't get it. We have decided to get married. Our parents haven't approved – yet

Sivaangi : Common, mine are a bit conservative. But we are their overachieving children,the ultimate middle-class fantasy kids. Why would they have an issue?

Ashwin : Because they are parents. From biscuits to brides, if there is anything their children really want, parents have a problem

Sivaangi : Your parents will have a problem with me?