PROPOSAL

Sivaangi : OK, peace. What do you want?

Ashwin : I want us to be a couple

Sivaangi : Means? Is this a proposal?  Enna Ashwineyyyy.

Oh, she started using some Tamil words.

Sivaangi : Ada ada adada.... Ashwineyyyy. Seekram enaku OK sollunga. Ayyo, enaku kaiyum odala kaalaum oda matudhey.

I can't understand anything except the word Ashwineyy. But am sure she isn't speaking anything wrong.

Ashwin : English please.

Sivaangi : Now, please come back to your point. What are you upto now?

We exchanged glances, and were silent for a minute. We had a pin drop silence as in our childhood classes. What if she has scolded me in Tamil? I was in full of confusion. The A/C temperature was in 18C, but I was sweating. We came closer.

SIVAANGI POV : This is a perfect SILENCE.

ASHWIN POV : This is a breathless SILENCE.

***************************************************

Ashwin : I will explain it.

I stood up.

Ashwin : I will explain it so it makes sense. To sit and study with you is an exercise in double self-control. First I have to force myself to pay attention to these boring cases. Second, I have to avoid looking at your face as much as possible because when I look at your face, all I want to do is kiss you. 

Add me in your life, We will subtract our ego-ness together, Will multiply our love and Divide all our barriers and the result will be INFINITY LOVE.

For me, you are the rose in a garden full of weeds. I Found the reason for my smile, the day I found you. Will you let me be the reason for your smile?

Sivaangi : Awwww. You look cute , Ashwineyyyy.

Ashwin : Means?

Sivaangi : I too like you.

Ashwin : You are serious ?

Sivaangi : Yes, yes, yes. And lot more yes.

I froze. Sivaangi didn't, as she came close to me. In a second, her Frooti-laced lips were on mine. We kissed for three seconds. 

Sivaangi : And now, before I realize the stupidity of what I have done, I am out of here

Ashwin : Hey, what happened?

Sivaangi : I am doing something that I shouldn't have done.

Ashwin : Tell me, there is nothing wrong .

Sivaangi : Emm.. 

She murmured and walked out of my room .

I didn't move an inch for five minutes. The remaining three minutes were spent realizing that the hottest girl in the campus had kissed me. I didn't know what I'd done right. But I didn't care. Maybe she had missed me too. Maybe it wasn't such a big deal for her. Maybe I was just imagining this and this hadn't really happened. Maybe I should stop dreaming like an idiot and run to her room. Maybe I shouldn't, as I had no idea what to do when I meet her. Maybe I should let a night pass and talk to her in class tomorrow.

The next day I met Sivaangi in the class. I was with her.

Sivaangi : Don't keep mentioning it.