Part 8 - Sharing is caring

The rest of the flight was quiet. Through my peripheral vision I caught Bucky taking quick glances at me. Of course I ignored him. I needed to focus on the mission. We needed to focus on this mission. Even if that meant putting our feud behind us for this trip.

After what felt like hours we finally arrived. We silently strolled up to the hotel, bags in hand. We walked up to the receptionist, fake smile on her face. She was totally checking out Bucky.

Typical.

I just roll my eyes and try to get our room keys. I hate just standing here, pretending to be the devil's wife. But some needs must come.

"Now sir, don't be shy, if there's anything else I can get you don't be afraid to call" The blonde hands Bucky a card, which I'm assuming has her number on it, while she dramatically flips her hair over her shoulder. Again I start with the eye rolls.

All of a sudden I feel an arm wrap around my waist and pull me close against a brick wall. I look up to discover it was not in fact a brick wall but Barnes. I just stare at him with confusion.

"Me and my wife should be good. We're only staying one night and we'll be very busy so you won't see much of us" He winks at me while handing the card back to the receptionist. Of course I subtly elbow Barnes in the stomach but he doesn't so much as flinch. Instead he takes the room keys and our bags and walks to the elevator, hand still wrapped firmly around my torso.

Once the elevator doors close I push Bucky off me and nudge him into the wall.
"Don't touch me again, Barnes!" A smirk is his initial response.
"Come on Doll, we have to play the part. You're my wife after all." I cross my arms over my chest, unknowingly pushing my cleavage up on my tank top.
"You're not my fake husband until the gala tomorrow!"

Why the hell is he staring at me!

"You never know who's watching, Doll!" Why is he still looking down at me. Does he not know how to blink. I look down to see if I have dirt on my shirt.

Shit! That's so embarrassing.

I notice the cleavage situation going on and quickly rectify it. I start blushing immediately. My face goes as red as a tomato. Finally gaining the courage, I look back up at Bucky, who is evidently smiling at my mishap.

"It's funny when you blush" he states, stepping closer to me.
"I was not blushing" I huff while grabbing my bag and making my way out the doors as they open. I stomp to the hotel room and wait for Bucky to open the door.

He purposely takes his time to open the door, much to my dismay. Once inside, I drop my bags at the foot of the bed.

"Seriously there's only one bed!" I grunt.
"It's okay.....you can sleep on the floor" I give Bucky another one of my death stares.

"You know what? I'm not dealing with this now. I'm getting some air!" I march out the door, not even bothering to take another glance at Bucky.

I walk towards a park near by I saw when we had been walking in. It had lovely, high trees with a mix of green, amber and yellow leaves. The combination was beautiful. It instantly calmed me down. I begin to walk about the freshly cut grass and inhale it's calming, fresh scent. I sit on the bench and try to focus on anything but my thoughts. I watch the pigeons swoop past and walk in front of me, not a cars in the world. I wish I was like them. Time had obviously gotten away from me as I see the beautiful white globe rise in the sky. I jump to my feet and follow the moonlight back to the hotel, taken in the beautiful stars appearing in the sky as I do so.

All I want to do now is get a shower and some sleep. I'm glad my mind is a lot more clear now. Since it's late I quickly make my way back up to my room and sprint to the bathroom. As I walk in to the bathroom, I see a figure emerge from the shower, thankfully with a towel on their lower half. Omg it's Bucky, I forgot we were sharing a room.

Shit!

I just stand there, mouth agape. He stares back at me.

"Shit! I forgot we were sharing. I was-" he cuts me off "I don't think you forgot anything, Doll!" He smirks. He starts walking towards me slowly.

"As if I would want to see all this" I gesture to his body while taking a quick glance down.
"Eyes up here, Doll" He continues closing the space between, very slowly, which makes this a little too intimate for my liking. I try to keep my eyes up and control my shaky breathing.
"I wasn't looking" was the best comeback I could come up with. Of all times when I need my quick, witty comebacks, they had to fail me now. He's almost on top of me with how close he's getting.

Damn he may be a jerk but he's a gorgeous jerk.

I seriously need to get him out of here before I do something I regret.
"Hurry up! I really need to shower now. I tired." I demand, a bit rudely I might add.
"I'm just waiting for you to repay the favour!" He must be joking if he thinks he's gonna see me strip.
"As if! I actually think I'm gonna be sick!" I may a gag noise to emphasise my point.
"I would make you feel a lot of things......sick isn't one of them" he states as he takes his final step towards me. Instantly, my nose is filled with the sexiest most soothing smell ever; Amber, firewood with a hint of Jasmine. It's intoxicating. I can't stop myself from inhaling him further.
"Do you want me to show you how I could make you feel?" I'm completely speechless!
"What? Cats got your tongue. Maybe I should start calling you kitty instead." Oh yeah that's not happening.
"Actually I was just disgusted by your words; shocked to be more exact, I didn't know what to say!"
"Are you sure that was it?" He pushes a piece of hair behind my ear. I can't help the involuntary gulp.
"That's it! I've had enough of you!" I push him out of the bathroom which was a big mistake. I could feel every muscle on his back and that skin; that smooth, smooth skin. I really need to remove my hand before it moves somewhere else. You push him out and let go.
"Stay out Barnes! Don't get any ideas!" He just starts laughing, that bastard. I just lock the door and push a press in front of it for save measure.

Thank you all for reading🥰 Please remember to keep voting and commenting! And please show your friends this story if you like it🥰🥰 As always let me know your thoughts or any ideas you may have!!!