Chapter 3 : Guardian

The six year old Yuri was reading a book while lying on the carpet. His back was resting against a giant and majestic snow leopard. The snow leopard is his father's guardian, Nerian.

Chubby Yuri threw the book at the side and hugged Nerian. Nerian also rubbed himself against Yuri affectionately.

"Daddy... I finished reading this book." Yuri said as he pouted towards Dylan who was working by the side.

For him, these few years had passed at the blink of his eyes. He had become more and more loving with his family.

For the first five years, all he did was play and be a cute and naughty baby. It's almost as if his intelligence had regressed to that of a child.

But what others didn't know was, he was constantly getting information about the world, magic, Agnis etc in his mind. It was all thanks to a certain man with no work, Rein.

Rein wanted the little adult-child Yuri to become powerful as soon as possible. Otherwise, he would be trapped inside his soul core and won't be able to have a material body! Each and every second he spent inside Yuri's soul core, he could feel himself getting one step closer to insanity.

The happy and lazy life Yuri spent lasted only five years. When he officially became five years old, Dylan started becoming strict with him. He had to attend lessons everyday and it would be Dylan who would teach him everything single-handedly.

Honestly, if Yuri was a child with no memories of his past life, it would have been a bit harmful for his mental growth to be suddenly forced to study seriously at such a young age. But he wasn't a child (mentally) and he never minded working hard. Yuri accepted everything quite easily.

But he could understand that even his daddy wasn't willing to be strict with him. It was all due to their identity that he had to be.

Yuri had once overheard his Mummy say to Dylan,

"Lan, is it really necessary for Yuri to start getting his lessons so early? Can't we... Can't we wait a few more years?"

Dylan's expression looked quite guilty.

"If possible, I would have liked to raise both of my dear sons as free and pampered as possible. I would have raised them like those arrogant royals.

But it isn't possible. It is due to our identity as well as the current situation of the continent. An Agnis has to be strong, stronger than anyone else. Otherwise, they won't be able to protect themselves and their loved ones. Sei can't become the next heir. It's his condition that restricts him. Besides, he's really soft and kind. An Agnis has to be ruthless. I can't imagine our little Sei being like that.

Thus... Yuri is the only candidate for being the heir. He's a smart child and also a rare talent. He can already use his aura. I have a feeling... He'll be better than anyone else.

Rin, even if I want to let Yuri have an easy life, I can't. Yuri must become strong. One day, we won't be here. He has to become strong to protect himself and his brother.

And... I've also got a very bad premonition. Something is about to change. A change that'll bring chaos to this Elysian Continent."

Yuri understood his Daddy's difficulties. He also wanted to become strong more than anyone else. He didn't want his family to crumble apart like in those memories.

So... He had to become strong.

Besides, after climbing to the top with hard work, isn't the feeling of looking down on those below the best?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan, who was working by Yuri's side, looked at his small child who was pouting. He picked up the chubby baby and kissed his cheek.