Chapter 2 : Rein

Previously-

Mummy, daddy, could it be possible for your cute little baby to actually be schizophrenic? Has laozi finally become crazy from the pent up frustration ba?!?!?!  Send help!!!

"'Scissor-panic'? What's that?" The voice in Yuriel's mind said.

.......................................

The voice in my mind is a bit stupid.

"Who did you call stupid???"

"No one! Tell me, are you my imaginary friend? I heard some children have imaginary friends but I think I'm too young for that?"

"What imaginary friend!?!?! I was summoned by you! I was having a nice fight with that old snake dude when a force pulled me. Before I knew it, I was in your soul space."

Yuri, "I summoned you? How? What is soul space?"

"Tsk Tsk... You don't even understand that. Just what do you understand? Did you skip the basic lessons child!?!?!"

"Da-ge I'm a three months old baby! Bububu!"

"You dare call yourself a baby? I've seen all of your memories. You have memories of your past life. Your thought process isn't something a baby should have. Lewd and treacherous. You're definitely not a baby!"

"YingYingYing... Pervert! Don't peek at my memories. I feel so exposed."

The unknown voice, ".............. Like hell I want to! I feel tainted! If only I could wash my eyes with bleach!"

"Now now... Don't overreact. My thoughts aren't that bad. Just a bit R-18. And... And a little thirsty? Anyways...

Tell me, what actually are you? I don't really understand."

"Simply speaking, I'm a guardian."

Yuri, "......... And what is a guardian?"

The unknown voice, "What a foolish child! You don't know a single thing.

A guardian is a being that used to be part of the mortal realm. When a certain individual is not affected by mortal desires and only has pure desire towards strength, they become a candidate for guardian. After some series of trials, they can ascend to the upper realm.

Guardians can be summoned by extremely strong humans who have a strong desire for something. Usually it's up to the guardian to decide whether they want to respond to the call of a human. But heck! I was summoned by you against my will!

So to say, I'm the only human to ever ascend to the upper realm. You can call me Master Rein."

Yuri, "Rein it is ha? Nice to meet you, I'm Yuriel! A very cute baby."

Rein, ".............." With your thoughts, you're anything but a cute baby.

Yuri, "Rein, Rein, you said you're inside my soul space. What is soul space?"

"It is a space inside your soul core. Inside each and every living being, there resides a soul core. As the name suggests, it's like a container of one's soul and life energy. The space inside it is called soul space.

Soul core holds an insane amount of energy. It is impossible for anyone to use that energy, except for the Agnis. Others can only use their mana core."

"Mana core?"

"Yes, just like the soul core, a different type of core can be found inside almost every human except for the Agnis. It's mana core, which is filled with mana energy.