Chapter 8 : The Young Man With A Mask

"You can definitely pay us with one of your mines. I heard your highness Valheim is quite rich. Sounds fair, right?"

Valheim, "Okay."

Everyone, ".............." What are you, an idiot?!?!?

Yuri asked in surprise, "That easily?"

"I've been suffering from mania for as far as I can remember. This thing… restricts me from doing things I want to do. I would do anything to cure this. Giving up those mines in exchange for treating it is nothing.

Besides, I've no attachment to those things. You can take more if you want." Valheim said seriously.

Yuri, "Even though they are so valuable?"

Valheim, "Yes."

Yuri suddenly smiled. "Haha… In fact, more than a mine, I would appreciate the friendship of your highness."

Valheim was surprised. He also smiled.

"It would be my pleasure."

"Just call me Yuri."

"You can call me Val too."

Rein, "................"

Baskara, "................"

Lia, "Don't mind me for interfering in the making of your 'camaraderie' but your highness, I would recommend you to still pretend to be a maniac for a year. Or else, people might suspect and it might bring you more danger."

Valheim nodded. "I'll remember this advice. Many thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri and his companions stayed in the capital of Vulcan for three days. During their stay, Valheim treated them grandly.

Yuri had taken a mine of mana stone from Valheim. Mana stones are gems filled with mana energy. They are very precious. Especially for mages.

It was the day for them to leave Vulcan. Lia had already gone away after giving Val his first treatment before promising to meet him next month.

Val took them to his personal teleportal. He kindly bid them goodbye.

"We'll meet again soon, Yuri. Tell me if you ever need my help."

"Thanks, Val. I'll appreciate it. Also, I forgot to tell you before, you're quite hot." Yuri said.

Val, "Are you really an alpha?"

Yuri replied, "I'm not though."

Val said in understanding, "Then you're quite strong for a beta."

Yuri, ".......I'm not a beta."

Val, "Then… You're an omega???"

Yuri, "........Yes!"

Val, "Unbelievable."

Yuri, "Fu*k you! Are you discriminating against strong but cute omegas?"

Val, "No… You're using a pheromone blocker so I can't exactly guess your sub-gender. Besides, I'm not quite familiar with any omega, so I don't know how they behave. But people say they are usually… shy and cute, I think? I'm sorry, my worldview is quite limited."

Yuri, "Ok, I'll forgive you for that."

Val, "Thanks. You're really strong. But I don't know about the cute part."

Yuri, "Nevermind. You're just a hot guy with no brain. Thanks for the hospitality though."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~