two.

the next day, i wake up at 5:49 in the morning and put on a harley davidson cut-tee, and a pair of dark blue high-waist mom jeans, finishing my outfit with a pair of white nike hightops with a purple nike symbol on the side.

i curl my hair then put it up in a quick ponytail, leaving my curled curtain bangs hanging. i look in the mirror and smile, turning a little bit to see more of my outfit. i twirl my fingers in my curtain bangs before picking up my school bag and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

once i do that, i put on clear mascara and some chapstick. i walk back into my bedroom to grab my phone off of my nightstand and take my things downstairs, noticing my mom is passed out on the couch. i open the front door and quietly close it, trying not to wake her.

i walk over to summer's and knock on the door, her opening it almost immediately. she's wearing the outfit that i picked for her yesterday, and she looks absolutely gorgeous.

"damn summer! you look spicy." i joke and she laughs, letting me inside. "look at you! your outfit is GIVING! and your hair- miss girl, you look like a painting." she smiles, as i do too. "thank you," i laugh.

"good morning mrs. dawson." i smile at summer's mom, who's walking down the stairs. "oh, good morning y/n! are you excited for your first day to sophomore year?" she asks me. "ehh, i'm kinda nervous." i reply, and she laughs a little. "summer said the same thing. you guys are gonna be just fine. just- focus on the finish line." she smiles, as i nod.

"well, i told auggie i'd pick him up at 6:10, so we should get going. bye mom, love you!" summer tells her mom, before grabbing my hand and walking out of the house, closing the door behind her. "so, we're gonna stop at starbucks for breakfast before we go to school. do you know what you want?" she asks me, starting the car as i sit in the passenger seat.

"yeah, i'll just get a mango-dragon fruit lemonade and some banana bread." i respond, buckling up before she backs out of her driveway. "that sounds really good! you'll have to let me try some of the dragon fruit lemonade." she says and i chuckle.

we pull up to auggie's house, and i get into the backseat because auggie likes to sit in the passenger seat. "auggie!" i hug him before he gets into the front seat. "i've missed you guys!" he says. "we've missed you too aug!" summer replies, pulling out of auggie's driveway.

when we pull up to jack's house, he walks out in a black tank top, tucked into a pair of DARK blue button up dress pants, with a red floral button up dress shirt over the tank top. and of course, his rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earring.

"fit check!" he spins outside of the car, as we all laugh a bit before he gets into the seat next to me.
"you dressed to impress, that's for sure." i chuckle, as he looks at me for a moment. "me? we'll look at you! you look gorgeous!" he says, as i try not to blush. "whatever," i laugh, pulling out my phone. "the band is back, baby!" i say, holding my phone to the front of the car, making sure we all get in the frame of the camera. auggie sticks out his tongue, summer puckers her lips, jack smiles wide with his head on my shoulder, and i make a growling face at the camera.

"jack, why're you so dressed up?" auggie asks him with a chuckle. "i honestly don't know. i guess i wanted to take a quick break from flannel and hoodies. plus, it's the first day, so i thought 'why not'." he chuckles, as the rest of us do too.

when we arrive at the starbucks drive-thru, summer lets us all order for ourselves so she doesn't mess up our order. "hi, can i get a mocha java chip frappe, with a croissant?" summer orders. auggie orders a caramel ribbon crunch frappe with nothing to eat, since he ate before he came. jack orders an iced pineapple matcha drink with a roasted ham, swiss & egg sandwich. once we get our orders, we park in the parking lot to eat our food.

"jack- you have to let me try that." i look at his sandwich, as he laughs, handing it to me. i take a small bite and groan because it tastes so good. "that's delicious." i say with food in my mouth, causing the rest of them to laugh. once we all finish eating, we start driving to school. jack takes a few sips of my drink, and i do the same to his.

when we arrive at school, i feel my face grow red. i haven't spoken to anybody but summer, auggie, and jack all summer, so i don't really have a friendship with anybody else. yeah, we all made amends with julian, but we haven't spoken with him at all. i can tell jack notices that i'm nervous, so he wraps his arm around my shoulders. i smile up at him, as he smiles back before whispering in my ear.

"don't be nervous. i'm here. summer's here. auggie's here. you've got us." he whispers, as i smile down at my feet. "thanks jack." i reply, as we rush ahead to walk with auggie and summer, who are smiling back at the two of us. i roll my eyes at them as jack and i walk next to them. "you okay y/n?" auggie asks me, and i nod. "yeah, i'm good. just a little nervous." i chuckle. "don't be." he tells me. i nod before we all walk into the school together.